Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm....Interesting development

Comment

Great, I'm looking forward to it.

Now if the WBC can take this same stance and make Canelo fight Kirkland, like they originally said they would, you won't hear any complaining from me for all of 2012 lol

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Great, I'm looking forward to it.

Now if the WBC can take this same stance and make Canelo fight Kirkland, like they originally said they would, you won't hear any complaining from me for all of 2012 lol
        and chavez vs martinez of course

Comment

Hopkins will throw the belt in the trash, he wants NOTHING of dawson

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            Hopkins was and still is under contract with HBO, so it couldn't have gone to Showtime...

HBO signed Hopkins to a 3 fight deal just prior to the Pascal rematch.

If hopkins doesn't get his $1+ million dollar payday that he wants, he could easily drop the WBC belt and still be The Ring Champion, which is better than all the other alphabet titles. Just sayin.
            I have a feeling that Hopkins is gonna give up that belt before he fights Dawson. I believe he's really afraid of him. He knows that Dawson has the style to beat him.

Comment

Its not happening

HBO is not offering them money.

Only way it happens is if they take a big pay cut. Otherwise Hopkins is dropping the belt to avoid the fight

Comment

Originally posted by slindee3 View Post
                I have a feeling that Hopkins is gonna give up that belt before he fights Dawson. I believe he's really afraid of him. He knows that Dawson has the style to beat him.
                I think it will boil down to money. If HBO is willing to put up the kind of money hopkins wants for this fight he'll take it. If not he'll look elsewhere.

Other factors could include who else is available for Hopkins. If and this is a big IF, Bute for example said he wants to fight hopkins next best believe hopkins will travel to canada in a heartbeat for a bigger purse.

Hopkins at age 47 is mostly about the money, legacy comes second.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                  Dawson will stop Hopkins late. Easy work.
                  are you dudes SERIOUS?!?!?!?....really?!?

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                    Hmmm....Interesting development
                    lets get it

Comment

Honestly, I really don't care to see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X