No announcement yet.

Who would win between Jack Dempsey and Vitali Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
    To be fair to Dempsey, let’s say he was born 1971 as Vitali. By today’s training standards (and perhaps with a bit of steroids), he could probably have swollen into a 200-210 lbs. all-muscled guy.
    Though, I still think he would have been undersized in a tangle with Vitali.

It’s just hypothetical. What we believe, we believe. Yes, Willard was big (and brave), but I can’t see that a Willard born 1971 would have the same genetic conditions to become another Klitschko.

I do find most Klitschko fights boring to watch, but that’s not the same that I can’t appreciate their abilities and capacities. I think the bros have already proven that they belong among the all-time greats. (Time will tell, generally a champion’s reputation gets greater for every year that passes after he has hung up his gloves.)

And as much as I praise them, I do hope Povetkin will cause an upset tomorrow. Just to bring back some fire into the heavyweight division.
    Another win for Wlad. That referee did allow way too much holding though.

Comment

Dempsey would stop both Klitz bros. The bottom line is that any quality heavy who could punch hard would have the edge over the Klitz bros. because their both very limited fighters. Dempsey Marciano and Tyson all know how to judge distance and understand what timing they'd need to bait then get under the Brothers. When they come up punching neither brother has EVER felt power that these men will bring! Their size is in their favorite at a distance once the distance is broken down its in their disadvantage!
      Once you get the 6'6" 240 guys going backwards you'll see how uncoordinated they really are. Just watching Wlad today get twisted up and falling over the place without even getting hit shows me that they'd get hurt badly when put on the defense!
      A young Tyson would be to much for them he's way to fast for them coming in and they would not get the distance to time him, simply not coordinated enough! Dempsey & Marciano would KO them, those two were animals!!!

Klitz don't have the tools their just big! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        And a fat golfer KTFO Wlad.
        Sanders also buckled Vitali in the first or second round.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Dempsey would stop both Klitz bros. The bottom line is that any quality heavy who could punch hard would have the edge over the Klitz bros. because their both very limited fighters. Dempsey Marciano and Tyson all know how to judge distance and understand what timing they'd need to bait then get under the Brothers. When they come up punching neither brother has EVER felt power that these men will bring! Their size is in their favorite at a distance once the distance is broken down its in their disadvantage!
          Once you get the 6'6" 240 guys going backwards you'll see how uncoordinated they really are. Just watching Wlad today get twisted up and falling over the place without even getting hit shows me that they'd get hurt badly when put on the defense!
          A young Tyson would be to much for them he's way to fast for them coming in and they would not get the distance to time him, simply not coordinated enough! Dempsey & Marciano would KO them, those two were animals!!!

Klitz don't have the tools their just big! Ray
          I thought that the Sander's fight was instructive in this regard Ray. It had the virtue, because Sanders fought both guys, of showing certain dispositions. In the second fight Sander's was horribly out of shape. It was a known fact that due to a golf tournament he had not trained well at all thinking he could land a big punch.

What most people tend not to mention is that sure Sanders got beat by Vitali but....he had him buckled in the first (or second) round. I believe that if
          sanders had been in shape it would have been a better fight, yet he got farther than most people believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Another win for Wlad. That referee did allow way too much holding though.
            I think Povetkin honored himself by not complaining afterwards, but giving credit to Wlad. Good sportsman.
            At the end of Ali's career, I got fed up with his holding behind the neck. But if the ref allows it, it would be stupid not using the tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              People here championing Vitali's chin...

when has it really been tested???
              Lennox Lewis landed some BOMBS. Sanders too.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                Lennox Lewis landed some BOMBS. Sanders too.
                "That" Uppercut in particular! Corrie had him looking a bit unsteady if i remember right but then he did hit like a truck....

Comment

Vitali would win by 10 round TKO or KO. Dempsey's aggression would be his downfall.

Comment

Working...
                  X