No announcement yet.

Props to the management at HBO for putting on better matchups now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
    Showtime has unquestionably been showing the better fights this year.
    Mayweather v. Guerrero, Broner v. Malinaggi, Berto v. anyone, Figueroa v. Arakawa (a main event mismatch), Quillin v. bums ...

I'll give them props for Canelo v. Trout/Mayweather and Matthysse v. Garcia; three fights people really wanted to see.

Comment

Fights were all great entertainment and all my guys won. Competition is good in anything and HBO has stepped up.

Comment

Why do people feel HBO is now featuring more European fighters out of desperation? HBO fired Greensburg who kissed GBP and TR behinds and put on some terrible fights that cost them big big money.. HBO, finally fired him and put Hershmen in control who basically doing the same philosophy that he did at showtime. He is not handing out guaranteed dates to promoters who in turn charge big money fights to showcase Berto vs a Mexican police officer..

He's paying for individual fights and is investing at middleweight and cruiserweight to fighters who so far have been producing great fights.

I have both channels and I'm feeling happy that I I've been getting my money's worth this year

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
          That was a thoroughly enjoyable tripleheader last night!

Since Ross Greenberg and his right-hand man Kery Davis (a lifelong friend of Al Haymon) left HBO and were replaced, HBO has been stepping up to a better quality of matchups.

false, what is this an anti-showtime thread?

Comment

Originally posted by black_celph View Post
            false, what is this an anti-showtime thread?
            No. I'm just happy HBO is putting on better match ups now.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
              That was a thoroughly enjoyable tripleheader last night!

Since Ross Greenberg and his right-hand man Kery Davis (a lifelong friend of Al Haymon) left HBO and were replaced, HBO has been stepping up to a better quality of matchups.

Before, we'd see mediocre Haymon-managed boxers like Andre Berto and Seth Mitchell fighting journeymen. There is no way they would show very good matchups like Barker-Geale and Cleverly-Kovalev.

Now, we are seeing some of the most talented and exciting boxers from around the world.

It's important to the sport of boxing that HBO has now stepped up their game and are now putting on the matchups we all can enjoy.
              come on freedom-I agree with you that is good to see other fighters on TV. But kovalev cleverley was a blow out. If your major complaint about HBO was uncompetitive matchups this was the same thing.

Hopefully HBO continues to invest in good quality fights. We will all win if they do.

Lets hope wlad puts on a better performance than he did against haye. Lets hope poevtkin comes to fight unlike Haye.

Comment

If HBO is smart, they will throw money behind the overseas market and start showing these European/Central Asian fighters. They heavily populate middleweight, super middleweight, light heavyweight, cruiserweight, and heavyweight.

You're not paying Mayweather anymore, use some of that money on these guys. They put on consistently good fights in divisions that naturally attract more than featherweight or lightweight or welterweight, where Golden Boy/Showtime has a lock on talent.

Comment

Working...
                X