No announcement yet.

Post-fight article: Alvarez vs Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I was just watching some of the second part of the Showtime "All Access." Shields was looking at Canelo tape and said something like, "Oh, man, we're going to throw like ten punches when Canelo does that." Yeah, okay.
    LOL. Lara is so frustrating. I want him to be one of my top 5 favorite fighters but he just won't freaking punch. I see such incredible footwork, talent, accuracy, power, etc. Everything I look for in a boxer.

But he's so damn economical with his punches. You make a guy miss like that, any great boxer would have ripped his ass to shreds. Can you imagine swinging for the fences and missing like that against say a Rigondeaux or a Marquez?

Erislandy has 2 strikes from me: The Vanes Fight and now this one. I give him a pass for Molina because nobody looks good against Molina. One more strike and I just can't support him like that anymore. It's so hard because I see so much potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      He can't make Lara punch. I'm sure that's what Ronnie wanted to do but Lara didn't listen
      You can't tell an amateur superstar with over 300 fights what to do. LOL.

Lara wants the fame and the glory but he wants to do it HIS way and that ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        He can't make Lara punch. I'm sure that's what Ronnie wanted to do but Lara didn't listen
        You have a point, but I have a hunch Lara did exactly what they worked on. Canelo didn't seem to pose that many problems for him. It's never that simple, I know; but, from my observations, Lara had plenty of chances to do what Ronnie spoke of in the video. I just think they didn't work on that kind of gameplan, despite Shields's comments.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          LOL. Lara is so frustrating. I want him to be one of my top 5 favorite fighters but he just won't freaking punch. I see such incredible footwork, talent, accuracy, power, etc. Everything I look for in a boxer.

But he's so damn economical with his punches. You make a guy miss like that, any great boxer would have ripped his ass to shreds. Can you imagine swinging for the fences and missing like that against say a Rigondeaux or a Marquez?

Erislandy has 2 strikes from me: The Vanes Fight and now this one. I give him a pass for Molina because nobody looks good against Molina. One more strike and I just can't support him like that anymore. It's so hard because I see so much potential.
          Frustrating as hell, man. And his "economy of punches" makes Lara boring to watch. P4P, Rigo or JMM would've knocked Alvarez out, the way he fought. Then again, Canelo wouldn't throw like that with those kind of fighters. Lara made it feasible. With his ability, Landy could've really put it to Canelo. He chose to fight another way and it cost him dearly. I'll be surprised if he gets another shot at the big-time.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            You have a point, but I have a hunch Lara did exactly what they worked on. Canelo didn't seem to pose that many problems for him. It's never that simple, I know; but, from my observations, Lara had plenty of chances to do what Ronnie spoke of in the video. I just think they didn't work on that kind of gameplan, despite Shields's comments.
            the gameplan was going great for the first 2 or 3 rounds...
            but they all have a plan until they get hit...

Comment

Working...
            X