No announcement yet.

So I just turned 30. Wanna get my foot in the MMA door

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just turned 30. Wanna get my foot in the MMA door

Any info on how to get my foot in the door? Are there like "sub leagues" instead of ufc and bellator etc etc etc??? I heard they still get paid

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    Any info on how to get my foot in the door? Are there like "sub leagues" instead of ufc and bellator etc etc etc??? I heard they still get paid
    There is no money in MMA, especially these days now that the sponsors have dried up.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
      There is no money in MMA, especially these days now that the sponsors have dried up.
      Oh I know that. Even a couple of hundred bucks is cool. I just love karate.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
        is this about the reebok thing? cause that shouldn't effect the lower orgs negatively at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
          is this about the reebok thing? cause that shouldn't effect the lower orgs negatively at all...
          how do you throw a basic front leg side thrust kick? Do you throw it perfectly side on in stance? Or do you have your back slightly to them so you can get more ass into it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
            They brought in Reebok because 90% of the fighters on the roster are struggling with finding sponsors. If you're not in the UFC then its even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              You need to fight unpaid in amateur MMA first and if you get lucky to be noticed, then maybe, just maybe they will sign you in. Then there's CM punk who has no amateur record but he gets to sign in the UFC..

Comment

There are plenty of regional promotions, just do some research in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealGuy View Post
                  There are plenty of regional promotions, just do some research in your area.
                  This is true, and the best option. You should ask for a couple hundred dollars to 'show', and double that if you win the fight. That's typical. If you come from a reputable gym, especially one who has provided good fighters to the promotion in the past, ask for a little more money.

Once you actually show up and fight a few times (this is a big problem), ask for more money. Of course if you are winning your fights, ask for even more. Once you have a good 10 or so fights, and especially if you have a good record, you should be making a good $1500+ to fight and double that if you win.

Also, you do not have to fight in the amateurs first, though I would suggest you take a few amateur fights to see how good your game is and where you need to improve.

Comment

Working...
                  X