No announcement yet.

Nate Campbell to manage fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Campbell to manage fighters

Good stuff on his part, trying to help out fighters with their career and money using his experience.

Former unified lightweight champion and current jr. welterweight contender Nate Campbell has announced exclusively to ********* that he has formed Voodoo Management, a fighter management firm. Campbell believes the knowledge he gained on his rise to the top of the sport is a valuable asset to up and coming young fighters. “I’ve been through pretty much everything in my career. I’ve had the highs, I’ve had the lows, I’ve bounced back from losses to still be mentioned at the top of whatever division I fight in. I’ve had to swim with the sharks, and navigate the rough waters. I’ve learned so much about the business side of this sport, and I want to use that knowledge to benefit these up and coming kids.”

“I have no interest in becoming a promoter. None whatsoever. Living with Terry for several years, and seeing what promoters go through on a daily basis killed any desire I ever had to become a promoter. Terry can handle the promotional issues with the kids. Management is where I believe I can truly make a difference for a young fighter, and this is the direction I am going in. I won’t however be doing any “wholesale” signings. There are certain character traits I will need to see in a kid before I would consider representing him. Right now there are 4 or 5 kids I will be signing right away, and then I will evaluate fighters on an individual basis, face to face. This isn’t about the money, because these kids at this stage don’t make any money anyways. It’s about building something within the sport that will continue after my fighting days are over,” said Campbell.
Working...
X