• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Oscar de la hoya would have beat mayweather 120-108
    This, end of thread. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
      A *****, believe it or not, gave the following suggestion to prevent bad judging such as we witnessed in two fights today:

"American Idol-style judging must be used to prevent boxing robberies!!!!!"

Specifically, the ***** suggests that public voting for who won a fight thru texting or calling should be used.

Comments?
      this is possibly the most ******ed **** i've heard on NSB this week....

/Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
        Suggestion:

6 judges

3 judges that we have.
        3 random current active professional boxers.

Also, 2 judges and 1 boxer judging ringside.

1 judge and 2 boxers judging by way of televised method meaning they have access to all angles of the fight since HBO, Showtime, and ESPN are capable of having multiple cameras at all angles.

Then the match is decided this way. Any thoughts?

It'll be good to have active boxers judging the fight since they can represent the boxer's community a lot better in how they judge a fight.
        The televised 1 is one I have always said. I think you should keep the 3 ringside and just add 2 more to watch it on TV. You have to keep it an odd number so 5 judges IMO seems better. No need to go with professional boxers.

Also, i think boxing needs to have a Boxing Judge Committee or something like that in which we as fans know who these judges are and how they score fights. Most of these fights we as fans feel the robbery and quickly blame a promoter but we should be remembering the names of these awful judges too.

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
          It's fucking ******ed. Use your head.
          Sorry. I was just relaying a *****'s idea.

Comment

All of ya'all suggestions are just in vain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
              Sorry. I was just relaying a *****'s idea.
              yea yea always have someone else to blame.. youre the ****** who made this thread

Comment

Judges are so unreliable, I'm starting to think and computerized score in the Amateurs should be used. Except the person who lands the most punches wins the round instead of going towards a punch tally, extra point taken off if they are knocked down.

I know sometimes it's the fighter who lands the harder more crisp punches but less of them but I'd say it's more common that the fighter who lands more wins (with the exception of knock outs) There are obvious flaws like some fighters building up a lead early and just running the rest of the fight but we get that with some fighters now anyway. Human error is far too often the deciding factor in fights.

Comment

worst idea i ever heard. think ffs..

first of all different fighters have different sized fanbases that will vote on their favorite fighter regardless of what happens, some countrys are huge on boxing while in others its none existing. there would be extreme bias in the scoring.

how would clottey win a decision over pacquiao if we pretend that was a close fight? imagine rhodes getting a fair deal against alvarez had that been competetive with 36 million mexicans voting.

not to mention that even the fans that will try to score the fight fairly will most likely do a poor job, most fight fans are casual fans and dont even know the 4 criterias for scoring a fight.

sometimes we have biased or plain incompetent judges, to let random ppl have a say in scoring fights will just make sure there is ALWAYS biased and incompetent scoring.

i think if this happened (which it obviously never would considering how ******ed it is) it wouldy literally kill boxing. there would be so much incompetence and foul play in every single fight even the most faithful fans would give up.

worst idea ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                    The only way to avoid robberies is to have unlimited round fights and see who drops or quits first
                    As ridiculous as this is, it's actually a way better idea than what TS is proposing.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                      The only way to avoid robberies is to have unlimited round fights and see who drops or quits first
                      This idea i like but the most probable winner will always be the runner.

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
                      me lost me no feel good give blood and me no like small shoes
                      Congratulation, you just proved you're 100% IDIOT.

Comment

Working...
                      X