Sergiy Derevyanchenko would at least have a chance of beating Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medinabcheatin View Post
    GGG shook, Lara makes him look bad.
    I've talked to some pretty low level boxers who sparred with Golovkin and they all say he can't deal with lateral movement.

Comment

I'd pick Derevyanchenko to beat every other current MW right now (save maybe Eubank, depending on how much Chris has improved since BJS), but I don't think he has the power or size to beat Golovkin.

Per his manager, they're waiting on the IBF ruling on whether or not he'll fight Tureano Johnson in a final IBF eliminator.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

that body work.ukrainian marquez with 23-1 wsb record .

Comment

Stop the hype...

This guy is a ****in normal fighter, Korobov had more career in amateur and look where is he.

This guy is slow, has a normal defense and his power is good but nothing special like GGG.

He just K.O a ****ing old man with 50 years old.

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
          I think Canelo, Khytrov, Sergiy, Andrade and lara all have a shot at 160. Khurtsidze even troubles him.

Golovkin has never fought a guy with a special ability.
          He won the medal of plate in Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            Stop the hype...

This guy is a ****in normal fighter, Korobov had more career in amateur and look where is he.

This guy is slow, has a normal defense and his power is good but nothing special like GGG.

He just K.O a ****ing old man with 50 years old.

He won the medal of plate in Olympics.
            agreed. Korobov looked more complete. Sergiy is average and Golovkin is a special fighter.

Comment

Looks like there will be a Derevyanchenko-Johnson IBF final eliminator coming up soon.

Comment

I like Derevyanchenko but I don't think he beats Gennady. But if all the other top mw's keep avoiding Triple G, it's a good alternative for a match up.

Comment

Still no word on Derevyanchenko's next fight.

Will Johnson be brave enough to fight him in a final IBF eliminator?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Still no word on Derevyanchenko's next fight.

Will Johnson be brave enough to fight him in a final IBF eliminator?
                    Derevyanchenko's fighting in January per DiBella, and per Eric Gomez, Johnson is taking a tune-up fight in February. There's still confusion as to whether Johnson is still the mandatory or if he'll have to fight Derevyanchenko.

Comment

In that train crash i'll pick GGG, but man that would be a fun fight for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X