Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is floyd success due to the culture he appeals to, lack of intellect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Be nice. Would be no different than creating a thread about the rural ghetto Mexicans who defend Antonio Margarito's classless actions.
    Agreed. boxing is very nationalistic in nature and will always be IMO

I wouldn't say it's a Ghetto thing. Mayweather is not very thuggish

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      True. But posters like him are allowed and welcome on boxingscene. No ban will come anytime soon.
      Man, let him live. We need someone to laugh at this morning. Now where is he? Don't go running behind other aliases

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
          so you basically you're saying that you have low intellect.
          not in the slightest. I am not a typical ghetto flashy wannabe rapper mayweather fan, just a boxing fan that lives in the ghetto....get it?

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
            Agreed. boxing is very nationalistic in nature and will always be IMO

I wouldn't say it's a Ghetto thing. Mayweather is not very thuggish
            My tea's gone cold, I wonder why...

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Man, let him live. We need someone to laugh at this morning. Now where is he? Don't go running behind other aliases
              Im still here but I did my daily deed LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by 10COUNT View Post
                not in the slightest. I am not a typical ghetto flashy wannabe rapper mayweather fan, just a boxing fan that lives in the ghetto....get it?
                No you're an alt that lives in the ghetto

Comment

Originally posted by 10COUNT View Post
                  maybe you should move across the border i'm sure it's much better there.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    Im still here but I did my daily deed LOL.
                    Don't log off again. Reality might set in for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Javii86 View Post
                      Sport athletes and figures in general get held to a higher standard, as long as there isn't any cheating involved. And even in some cases where there is, people still back up their favorite people. Take a look at a Larussa. This guy was caught with a DUI, but he's still seen as a legendary baseball figure. Meanwhile, a whole bunch of deserving athletes were not selected to the hall of fame due to the sports writers taking a "morally higher" ground. Basically, people will like an athlete, without really caring what their "off-field" actions are, it's all about what happens inside. It's very disrespectful to imply that mainly stupid people like Mayweather. I love brawlers, I love inside fighters, I love outside fighters, but boy do I love me some defensive fighters with a highly effective offensive skill set. Let's not pretend and act that people that love Mayweather's style doesn't exist. People either love it, or at least respect it and want to see him get challenged by different styles.
                      That's what I say, I judge a fighter based on what he does inside the ring and his all around work in the sport. You still got many who think Mayweather's PPV success is mostly attributed to people who want to see him lose, not saying that's untrue but it's greatly exaggerated. People simply want to be entertained, watch a great display of skill, his 0 is definitely a factor as it's intriguing to see why a fighter has been undefeated for so long, that would definitely cause a pretty good margin to tune in. In the bold, that's my preference, Ward, Moreno, Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins (Especially prime), Pernell Whitaker...list goes on. Also appreciate Brandon Rios, I think that's more due to the lack of inside fighting in the sport today.

Comment

Working...
                      X