No announcement yet.

That's the saddest I've ever been watching Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's the saddest I've ever been watching Boxing

I feel heartbroken for the guy. I know for a fact that 3 weeks ago Hatton was going to pull out of this fight due to his performances during sparring. First couple of rounds he done okay, he got through to Senchencko and made him look uncomfortable. From round 3 onwards he got his head boxed off, it was painful to watch. He couldn't see Senchecnko's jab coming and it wasn't even that quick.

In a way I think him getting KO'd like that was a blessing in disguise, had it gone to the cards he would have won and then carried on where he would have been seriously hurt.

I worry for him and how this will affect him mentally.

Comment

It was sad, and it's like people said, will he kick himself for not taking on an easier comeback fight

He should have been in there for 6 rounds with a fat latvian with a record of 8(4)-19

What he does i'll still support him, but I just want him to wake up and realise all the good things he's got in his life, he doesn't need to fight anymore

Comment

Rocky Balboa is fiction, fights without defence and in real life would have been brain damaged. Terrible movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKOSLbnOoAE

Comment

It was so sad, I hope to god he can retire and live with himself he's nothing to be ashamed of and yet he has convinced himself that he has. I wrote up a pesimistic prediction here for this fight a few days ago and as the fight unfolded it was pretty much that - never felt so bad about calling a fight.

It was obvious he had gotten himself into the best shape he possibly could, he had trained as hard as he could, he has nothing more to give than that. i really don't want to see him revert to 8 rounders against bums or something. Just quit ricky, you'd be a great trainer and one day you could take another kid from manchester to the title. You've done everybody proud and DON'T do anything silly you've ahchieved more than 99.999999% of people ever will.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
            Rocky Balboa is fiction, fights without defence and in real life would have been brain damaged. Terrible movie.

Comment

I felt bad for him especially when he gave the interview afterwards and apologised to the fans. He's done us proud for years win or lose I'll always support the guy but he should just call it a day before he gets seriously hurt.

Comment

I hope he can now get the proper professional help he needs to overcome his depression. His comeback was brave and inspiring in many ways but the boxing ring is no place to find 'redemption'.

he seems to only be able to see the negatives in his boxing career and his life atm, i just hope he can be reminded of all the good things he has going for him.

Comment

The result is sad as it meant so much to Ricky more than anything. Of course i hoped he'd win, but coming back against world level without a warmup after 3 years out, not training as a proffesional is hard, real hard.

Floyd can take 2 year lay offs, but hes training his butt off everyday even though he hasnt got a fight coming up studying the competion on his dvd player.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post

guess you never heard about Chuck Wepner huh?

Comment

Working...
                    X