Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux-Flores in November? Maybe on Kovalev-Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo has excuses a couple of top fighters won't fight him but he insists on scraping the barrel himself. smh

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
      I see what you mean but again, this is mostly for the core fans. They maybe the top 2 p4p but it's hard to see this fight as being ppv "worthy" knowing Ward's rep as a spoiler type of boxer and his tendency to stink out the joints.
      I'm always down for the.contrast of styles.

Comment

that would be great. it's not often that you get to see three of the top five pound-for-pounders on one card. plus gvozdyk, who is highly skilled himself

however, both rigo-flores and gvozdyk-chilemba have the potential to be boring. in fact, the main event does too. they should make the final undercard match a guaranteed slugfest just for a bit of variety

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Rigo has excuses a couple of top fighters won't fight him but he insists on scraping the barrel himself. smh
          Flores: #6 BoxRec, #9 Ring, #9 TBRB, #1 WBA. I don't think he's that bad of a choice. Flores is actually ranked higher than the WBA world titlist (Cermeno). Maybe this fight and Donaire/Magdaleno can lead to a rematch between Nonito and Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Flores: #6 BoxRec, #9 Ring, #9 TBRB, #1 WBA. I don't think he's that bad of a choice. Flores is actually ranked higher than the WBA world titlist (Cermeno). Maybe this fight and Donaire/Magdaleno can lead to a rematch between Nonito and Rigo.
            official rankings are about as useful as Hilary Clinton in a **** sucking contest

Comment

official rankings are about as useful as Hilary Clinton in a **** sucking contest
              Ok, who do you think would've made sense at 122?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Ok, who do you think would've made sense at 122?
                why not Donaire? He's been wanting the rematch for a while now.

I know Guzman has a fight coming up but Rigo should have been in negotiations with him already.

Ruiz? I know he fought this month but Rigo could easily get a different date.

I could go on and on about the guys that are better than Flores and many of them would jump at the chance of a payday.

Comment

I'm curious to see "Chucky" Flores in there with Rigo. An undefeated Mexican banger who will bring the fight to the Cuban.

The styles could match up well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                    I've never heard of him...
                    Because you're a casual

Comment

why not Donaire? He's been wanting the rematch for a while now.

I know Guzman has a fight coming up but Rigo should have been in negotiations with him already.

Ruiz? I know he fought this month but Rigo could easily get a different date.

I could go on and on about the guys that are better than Flores and many of them would jump at the chance of a payday.
                      Donaire vs undefeated Magdelano is in 4 weeks fool.

Flores is a good fighter but you HBO fans only know 8 boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X