No announcement yet.

Powerlocks vs Grant gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerlocks vs Grant gloves

If Chino only can choose between Powerlocks and Grants, Should he go with Grants?

this article talks about the pros and cons of different gloves

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rn-by-the-pros

Grants are excellent gloves, and like Winning, they are used by fighters who need hand protection but still aren't too protective to be deemed as pillow-type gloves.

Everlast Gloves-Basically, they're in between "pillows" and the "puncher's gloves," which gives them a nice balance in terms of protection and punching power

That's the regular Everlast so i'm assuming powerlocks are worse for power punchers, so why not just use Grants?

Also didn't Chino use Winning Gloves in the Morales fight? and look what he did to Morales face and according to the article Winning Gloves are considered the worse for punchers.

Winning also offers the greatest hand protection of any gloves out there, which is why they’re often referred to as “pillows.” But if you’re a fighter with hand problems, these gloves are for you.

So i would go with Grants more than Powerlocks, i seen punchers like GGG and Kovalev use Grants in there fights.

Maidana doesnt have hand problems so why would he want Grants?

PowerLocks are like a hybrid to my understanding. Half foam and half horse hair.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Maidana doesnt have hand problems so why would he want Grants?

PowerLocks are like a hybrid to my understanding. Half foam and half horse hair.
      Idk, i only used Everlast to spar so idk what Powerlocks feel like, Grants i seen punchers use it too so i assumed its for both but if Chino used Winning Gloves to damage Morales face and that's considered the most as Pillows he should still have power with either Powerlocks and Grants.

Comment

They are sponsered by everylast just like mayweather is sponsered by grants, so neither will every wear any other pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
          Idk, i only used Everlast to spar so idk what Powerlocks feel like, Grants i seen punchers use it too so i assumed its for both but if Chino used Winning Gloves to damage Morales face and that's considered the most as Pillows he should still have power with either Powerlocks and Grants.
          Im pretty sure his power still there but there's a difference between being hit with horse hair and foam. Horse hair is much harder. Less cushion.

Comment

Good article, in our gym we use Winning for sparring, and Reyes in the pro fights usually. Some wear Everlast, but the good one's.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
              They are sponsered by everylast just like mayweather is sponsered by grants, so neither will every wear any other pairs.
              Ya that is true

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              Im pretty sure his power still there but there's a difference between being hit with horse hair and foam. Horse hair is much harder. Less cushion.
              Ya, i think that's why Floyd got so freaked out, If the MX gloves are for punchers there probably like Reyes Gloves in that the weight is disturbed more around the writs and have very little padding in the knuckle area. When he tried on the glove himself in all access and said HELL NO!! because he didn't feel alot of padding i know he was scared.

Comment

The Morales fight is a poor example to make a point. Erika used his face for defense.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
                  The Morales fight is a poor example to make a point. Erika used his face for defense.
                  A lot of wear and tear on that face too.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    i seen punchers like GGG and Kovalev use Grants in there fights.
                    they aren't looking for reasons to b!tch

Comment

Working...
                    X