No announcement yet.

iPhone 5 press conference thread?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
    Which do you think are the best phones on the market? I really don't know my stuff to be honest
    Samsung Galaxy S3.

HTC Evo 4g

BTW I had an iPhone 4 for two years only 3 months ago, So I have a direct comparison of both.

With that said, in 3 months, the best phone on the market is subject to change... though the Samsung Galaxies have generally stayed on top every year as far as latest technology, mostly thanks to the Android OS, which literally gives you the freedom to customize your phone however which way you like.

Comment

• Originally posted by r ! zilient View Post
      Since I now have this great device, I will happily wait for the Galaxy Note 2 to come to sprint. 2GB of RAM, Quad Core processor (yes, confirmed- trust me), full 5.5in HD screen, Android 4.1 (jellybean). Count me in!
      Don't forget the 3,100mah removable battery.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        You mean you don't want a 5th row of buttons!?
        I would have taken a bigger and longer lasting battery over pretty much anything else and i see they made the phone slimmer, but they should have filled it with more higher performing battery.

That connection business is plain out right bull**** though. USB2 as well, i mean, really??!?!? If it was Thunderbolt, then great, but it has a fancy name "lightning" but it's slow as ****.

The guys that have to have the latest tech probably won't chose an Iphone I doubt, but for the average business person, mum, husband etc, it's probably more then suffice.

Comment

• Originally posted by chav View Post
          I would have taken a bigger and longer lasting battery over pretty much anything else and i see they made the phone slimmer, but they should have filled it with more higher performing battery.

That connection business is plain out right bull**** though. USB2 as well, i mean, really??!?!? If it was Thunderbolt, then great, but it has a fancy name "lightning" but it's slow as ****.

The guys that have the have the latest tech probably won't chose an Iphone I doubt, but for the average business person, mum, husband etc, it's probably more then suffice.
          My stepdad just got one, upgraded from his older black berry.. he loves it, I dont blame him... iPhone is definitely a step up from other phones... but now with having an S3... occassionally I open my iPhone 4 because I have saved noted etc in it... when I look at it now, it's just... soooo basic and restricted... I could never go back.

Comment

My stepdad just got one, upgraded from his older black berry.. he loves it, I dont blame him... iPhone is definitely a step up from other phones... but now with having an S3... occassionally I open my iPhone 4 because I have saved noted etc in it... when I look at it now, it's just... soooo basic and restricted... I could never go back.
            Thats what I upgraded from, a Blackberry to the Iphone 4 after resisting the previous Iphone models. I couldnt believe how much better the iphone 4 was to the Blackberry, so i know just how your stepdad feels.

I got my mum a 3gs a while back and she loves it, i just got her an ipad for her birthday the other week and she loves that even more. The iphone 5 she wouldnt even appreciate other then the clearer and bigger screen, the rest would be wasted on her IMO

I use a MBP for work and the icloud ablity to sync my diary and contacts means im staying put for now. IPHONE 4 ALL THE WAAAAY BABY

Comment

Just wait until 5S, with intergrated Instangram, never say never.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                How does it link up? Do you add it manually? I know with itunes, you have to make sure the album art is attached, sometimes it doesn't bring in artwork if it's not in the database, in which case I always do an image search and manually put the artwork on the album because I'm a freak like that. Do you just drag the mp3 to the device and it automatically links the artwork?

Also, does it have smart playlists? I use those on my ipod and love them. I have an old 80 GB classic that I use in my car. I don't generally like using my phone for my music player so I have them separate.
                It's good to know i'm not the only one.

Comment

• Originally posted by r ! zilient View Post
                  S3 is Wlad, Note 2 is Vitali, any iPhone is Jeff Lacy
                  iPhone would definitely be a Klitschko more than Android imo...

Plays it safe, always performs well, doesnt take a lot of chances and may bore the crowd at times, but its still gonna be the champ.

Comment

• Also, with the adapter Im getting confused. You guys seem to talk about it like its something you have to have.

It was my understanding that its only necessary for legacy devices. Like older alarm clocks and ****?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                      Also, with the adapter Im getting confused. You guys seem to talk about it like its something you have to have.

It was my understanding that its only necessary for legacy devices. Like older alarm clocks and ****?
                      Anything you currently have for iPhone no longer works.

So either A) Buy all new ****, new docks, new audio systems, new add on connectors.. or B) Buy their $30 connector.

Comment

Working...
                      X