No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner vs Monty Meza Clay may 19th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    Im not as itchy as others are about these things. I dont mind it because 9 times out of 10 they just mean he's had a run of solid guys and they want one gimme because he's going to have a big time fight after that. I think if he fights this guy then they are going big time next
    When did "Chente" become "big time"?

Comment

This is short notice for a real contender but Meza Clay is a terrible choice. Eloy was a midget to Broner and Meza Clay is a midget to Eloy. Unless Broner plans on fighting again August or early September against a real contender this is just a easy paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
        This is short notice for a real contender but Meza Clay is a terrible choice. Eloy was a midget to Broner and Meza Clay is a midget to Eloy. Unless Broner plans on fighting again August or early September against a real contender this is just a easy paycheck.
        Broner is fighting in the summer against Vicente Escobedo.

Comment

Broner is way too big for him. Give him an actual challenge GBP.

Comment

Another creamrpuff for Broner?
            De Leon is his last decent opponent, and many believe he lost that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              Broner is fighting in the summer against Vicente Escobedo.
              A Vicente Escobedo would be a step up over his last few but still not much of a challenge for Broner. If they fight in the summer than Broner needs to fight another champion at the end of the year. I think Golden Boy is just trying to keep Broner busy and on HBO and I think their is nothing wrong with what they are doing. Broner is only 22 he can't fight world class competition every time out or he would be burned out by 28.

Comment

Noooooo, hope it isn't. He can take on way better opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                  A Vicente Escobedo would be a step up over his last few but still not much of a challenge for Broner. If they fight in the summer than Broner needs to fight another champion at the end of the year. I think Golden Boy is just trying to keep Broner busy and on HBO and I think their is nothing wrong with what they are doing. Broner is only 22 he can't fight world class competition every time out or he would be burned out by 28.
                  this fight does not belong on hbo, thats all ill say, and im probably the biggest broner fan on the site. anyways, escobedo, while not a huge step up, is one of the top 4 or 5 fights to be made at his weight. id kill for a uchiyama fight tho.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    this fight does not belong on hbo, thats all ill say, and im probably the biggest broner fan on the site. anyways, escobedo, while not a huge step up, is one of the top 4 or 5 fights to be made at his weight. id kill for a uchiyama fight tho.
                    Broner vs Uchiyama is a hardcore fan's dream fight. Would love to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      I agree that it really shouldn't be on HBO but it's a undercard fight just to showcase Broner and help with exposure. When Broner fights a big fight it will be a main event. I usually believe once your a champion you need to be fighting top level competition each time out but Broner is a very young champion similar to Canelo. A lot of 22 year olds are still amateur. GBP and HBO want Broner to be a mega star down the line so they want him seen often and want him to impress. So they will feed him lesser competition for him to destroy and gain exposure for now. I think there is no one 135 and below that can beat Broner outside of maybe The Ghost and Rios but fighting these top fighters now won't allow Broner to look spectacular. Broner will step up the competition soon and when he does there will be a major "Problem" for everyone under 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X