R.i.p ron lyle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i'm no real authority on heaven

would a furlough be appropriate for this sort of thing?

Nor am I. Hopefully he just has to serve a stint in purgatory and than is paroled to the pearly gates.

Comment

[QUOTE=Scott9945;11487453]
      Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      I have no problem with Lyle, I've known plenty of bad people. But the man was no saint, thats for sure. Than again not many fighters are./quote]

Definitely agree. Lyle always represented himself well in and out of the ring. Boxing has often been a route of salvation for many ex-cons. But when popular athletes pass away you often get only hear the rosey side of the story. Lyle wasn't put in prison for any white collar crimes. No matter how you regard him, he was a convicted killer.
      Do u know the story behind that murder Scott? I knew he was put in jail for murder but have never heard the details...

On Religion, Im not a guy who prays or goes to church but i dont rule there being a God out either. I try to be the best man i can and i live my life with my own beliefs, morals and codes of conduct, i hope if there is indeed a higher force and a heaven thats enough to get me in.

I know 2 people who have killed another man and in both cases i can accept it, these are not evil men. Circumstances are all important.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Surgeon;11488867]
        Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

Do u know the story behind that murder Scott? I knew he was put in jail for murder but have never heard the details...

On Religion, Im not a guy who prays or goes to church but i dont rule there being a God out either. I try to be the best man i can and i live my life with my own beliefs, morals and codes of conduct, i hope if there is indeed a higher force and a heaven thats enough to get me in.

I know 2 people who have killed another man and in both cases i can accept it, these are not evil men. Circumstances are all important.
        If Im not mistaken he shot someone in a fight.

EDIT: Lyle was born to William and Nellie Lyle. He was one of 19 children, and the only one to get in trouble with the law. When he was in his teens, Lyle was arrested and charged with second degree murder in the shooting death of 21-year-old Douglas Byrd in a gang fight. Lyle was convicted of second degree murder and sentenced to 15–25 years at the Colorado State Penitentiary.

While Lyle was working as a security guard in Las Vegas, Nevada, he was accused of another murder. He shot a man in his apartment who had spent time with him in the Colorado State Penitentiary. The retired boxer claimed self defense and was found not guilty.
        Last edited by JAB5239; 11-29-2011, 08:29 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=JAB5239;11488877]
          Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post

If Im not mistaken he shot someone in a fight.

EDIT: Lyle was born to William and Nellie Lyle. He was one of 19 children, and the only one to get in trouble with the law. When he was in his teens, Lyle was arrested and charged with second degree murder in the shooting death of 21-year-old Douglas Byrd in a gang fight. Lyle was convicted of second degree murder and sentenced to 15–25 years at the Colorado State Penitentiary.

While Lyle was working as a security guard in Las Vegas, Nevada, he was accused of another murder. He shot a man in his apartment who had spent time with him in the Colorado State Penitentiary. The retired boxer claimed self defense and was found not guilty.
          Thanks for that JAB

I just watched Foreman vs Lyle again after thinking about Ron...... It just dont get old!

Comment

Working...
          X