Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny's elaborate plan that doesn't involve fighting Mayweather, a very smart move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny's elaborate plan that doesn't involve fighting Mayweather, a very smart move

Boxing is a business, we all know that by now and if you don't, or refuse to believe it is, you need to get your ass back to UFC and WWF because boxing isn't for you.

I believe Danny and his team, including Haymon, are involved in an elaborate plan to put Danny at the very top of the podium once Floyd retires. But the key to doing it the right way you might ask, is simply to NOT fight Floyd Mayweather. And no, it's not ducking, avoiding, or whatever other childish names you casual emotional fans like to call it. It's called smart matchmaking. Not just choosing good opponents, but playing with weight classes along the way too, all while remaining undefeated while the #1 fighter in the sport is on the verge of retirement. Floyd only has a couple fights left, and Danny is just now getting accustomed to being a JWW. There's no rush for him to move up to WW, and even if he did he'll do it in at his own pace and will not rush himself.

Danny will stay at JWW and maybe dabble a little bit into WW and continue racking up solid wins until Floyd retires, at which point he can safely move up to WW for good while still being undefeated. At this point he would clearly be #3 P4P or something close to that. In fact I have him in my top 5 already.

This ensures that Danny not only remains undefeated, which we all know brings in the masses of haters that are the main source of revenue, but he will also be considered the #1 fighter in the sport along with Ward and Rigo. He has the opportunity to become the heir to Floyd Mayweather's throne, and it can be done in small gradual steps, so as long as these steps are smart and planned out accordingly.

With Haymon running the show, it can be done.

Danny ain't black, you surely know that, right?

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      Danny ain't black, you surely know that, right?
      How is that of any relevance to my thread?

Damn it's about time I start using the ignore function, kids can't contain themselves.

Comment

boxing is a business?? i thought it was a sport

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          boxing is a business?? i thought it was a sport
          It's both actually.

Comment

Garcia has never seemed very eager or in a rush to fight Floyd unlike most everyone else so that does stand out a bit. I think the plan was to get Garcia bit bigger on his own then have him fight Mayweather because of the GBP/Haymon stable Garcia is the one guy that can/could really bring something to a Floyd fight.

The Herrera fight messed things up pretty bad though and that Salka fight certainly didn't fix anything to most anyone (aside from being a cool looking highlight), so it will be interesting to see what direction they take going forward.

He does probably have to beat someone fairly credible next and Peterson would be a solid choice.

On the plus side to both not taking much damage they can probably do a fairly quick turn around for that fight. If Garcia wins that fight it would be interesting to see what his stance on a Mayweather fight was then.

Comment

Garbage poster; garbage thread.

Comment

He'll never reach top 3 pound for pound. If goes up to welterweight Thurman would make sure that doesn't happen.

Comment

Yes. In this BUSINESS of boxing, he should pursue his life long aspirations of one day facing the legendary Lamont PEDerson.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanBox View Post
                    He'll never reach top 3 pound for pound. If goes up to welterweight Thurman would make sure that doesn't happen.
                    I'm sorry but did you just imply Thurman beats Garcia? Take a breather man you're out of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X