Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Donaire retired today would he be in the hall of fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Donaire retired today would he be in the hall of fame?

wins over

darchinyan, montiel

nishioka, sydorenko, Narvaez and arce,

VVJr., Mahtebula, Mthalane, tyson marquez

5 time champion in 3 divisions
    yes
    33.96%
    no
    66.04%

The poll is expired.

Thoughts???????

Comment

Its possible....

Comment

If he goes up another division and dominates then he would be a truly accomplished veteran worthy of HOF status IMO

Comment

He's got the names, but they weren't all exactly spring chickens either. Good at taking advantage though!

Comment

After listing 3 names, you really have to reach to mention really worthy names that will get you in the HOF.

But Gatti made it to the HOF, so Donaire can too. Although Gatti was not for resume, it was actually for the "fame" in Hall of Fame. He brought exactly that to boxing, Gatti set a standard for what a warrior is in boxing.

Donaire has set nothing. Darchinyan, Montiel and Mathebula are his only good wins in 3 weight classes. People mention these names like Hernan Marquez, Sydorenko, Mthalane but these are as good as naming Bruseles, Sosa, Manfredy, Corley, Mitchell for Floyd, it's just reaching.

Comment

i think so, but he can still do much more so that would prolly be a hurting point to making it, but if he was at the end of the road i think for sure

he has amazing skill, he is god gifted like Mayweather says

Comment

Nonito needs to hold it down at 122 or 126 for a while first. Mares is one guy he definitely needs on his resume.

Comment

i wanna see him go against gamboa before his career is over.

Comment

I don't see why the best Pinoy fighter wouldn't make the hof.

Comment

Working...
                    X