No announcement yet.

Golovkin aint no thing, James Toney would schooled his ass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
    Lmao why doesn't the video show the numerous fights he looked terrible in?
    We gonna pretend every guy he fought and struggled against were ATG... Yeah Samuel Peters the best of all time... smh

Smh getting his ass knocked down by a jab, you all are biased as fuq If you think GGG loses to this dude gotta be blind or just hopeful that your American past were all they were said out to be.
    Good god you're the biggest casual I've ever seen. Damn!!

Comment

Also lets not forget that James Toney has failed the drug testing before, who is to say how a clean non juiced up James Toney would be but lemme guess we're talking about "Prime James Toney" so juice has to be applied... k den
      The fact that you keep bringing up steroids tells me you have no understanding of James' ring craft or boxing IQ. I've seen a few different interviews with Freddie Roach where the interviewer assumes that Manny Paquiao is the best fighter he's ever trained. Now as we know it is Manny that has made Roach a multi-millionaire so you would think he'd agree in a flash. Each and every time Roach has answered that Toney is the best guy he's ever trained.

I'm a big Triple G fan but to dismiss the skills of Toney by simply saying steroids unfortunately exposes your bias and/or lack of understanding about the sport.

Comment

With or without the steroids though?
        i'm going to go with, without.

Comment

Lmao why doesn't the video show the numerous fights he looked terrible in?
          We gonna pretend every guy he fought and struggled against were ATG... Yeah Samuel Peters the best of all time... smh

Smh getting his ass knocked down by a jab, you all are biased as fuq If you think GGG loses to this dude gotta be blind or just hopeful that your American past were all they were said out to be.
          so stupid. 1 why would a highlight video show clips of getting beat up? And what does a 40 yr old 230 pound tones have to do with anything

Comment

Originally posted by b d w View Post
            The fact that you keep bringing up steroids tells me you have no understanding of James' ring craft or boxing IQ. I've seen a few different interviews with Freddie Roach where the interviewer assumes that Manny Paquiao is the best fighter he's ever trained. Now as we know it is Manny that has made Roach a multi-millionaire so you would think he'd agree in a flash. Each and every time Roach has answered that Toney is the best guy he's ever trained.

I'm a big Triple G fan but to dismiss the skills of Toney by simply saying steroids unfortunately exposes your bias and/or lack of understanding about the sport.
            So you just want to ignore the fact that James Toney was probably on the juice for the majoriy of his career?
            Bbbbut ring craft... bbbut slick doe smh and they say cheaters never prosper.

Comment

So you just want to ignore the fact that James Toney was probably on the juice for the majoriy of his career?
              Bbbbut ring craft... bbbut slick doe smh and they say cheaters never prosper.
              Excuse me but how the holy **** can you make that assertion? Coz he was busted twice bulking up to fight in a division he had zero business being in? You should get into archery coz you sure can draw a long bow ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by b d w View Post
                I've watched that fight maybe a dozen times, no way was Nunn 'miles ahead.'
                Then for you I would suggest further revision.

He was not only clearly well ahead by most observers standards but he was also well ahead by the judges standards.

97-93
                98-92
                99-91

All in favour or Nunn at the time of the stoppage.

Comment

Eh, I'm not so sure at 160. He wasn't the defensive master he became later on at 168 and up. Golovkin hits him and hurts him and it could go either way IMO. And yes, I am basing this off of who Golovkin has beat, but Toney didn't have the best middleweight run. He lost to Tiberi and was behind on the cards before he miraculously got Michael Nunn.

Comment

Working...
                  X