No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Martin-Anthony Joshua Announced, April 9 In London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Obviously I meant at heavyweight. Just behind Leon Spinks - If I'm correct.
    Oh. I thought HW at first, but I saw you said "quickest fighter in history" which is generalized. Yeah it looks like Leon Spinks with 8-0.

Comment

Joshua is getting sparked. 100% glass.

Comment

will martin learn how to throw punches before april 9? i'm going with no

Comment

Obviously I meant at heavyweight. Just behind Leon Spinks - If I'm correct.
          Joshua would be 3rd I think. Michael Bennt knocked out Tommy Morrison for a belt in his 12th fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Hopefully Martin gains some respect now!

He took a world title fight on short notice with his back against the wall not his fault his opponent had a freak injury.
            Not like he is trying to hold his title hostage like a lot seemed too think, he wanted Wilder, Fury and took the next best thing in Joshua. He deserves nothing but praise and part of me wants him to do well, I hope he proves all these doubters wrong.
            of course he deserves respect but he's just doing this for the big money. the guy could and probably would lose to anyone he fights next, even a dominic breazele type so he's cashing out essentially. hey he might even win you never know. the guy turned a lucky acl tear into millions of dollars. that's maximizing your luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
              Joshua would be 3rd I think. Michael Bennt knocked out Tommy Morrison for a belt in his 12th fight.
              Only counting real belts.

Comment

Haha say goodbye to that IBF title Anthony Joshua is taking it right off you in brutal fashion and then he is coming to knock that fat idiot out dyson fluff
                Gonna be so good.

Comment

Only counting real belts.
                  What's real about Martin's IBF belt?

He won a vacant title that had been stripped away from the lineal champion weeks after he'd won it from the former lineal champion.

That IBF belt is about as paper as you can get. If you don't want to recognise that WBO belt because it wasn't held by the true heavyweight champion then fair enough, but you have to be consistent and apply the same rule to Martin's IBF belt.

Comment

Still think Joshua should've waited but absolutely nothing but respect for both for taking this fight though! Look forward to it! 2016 Schedule looking good for Heavyweights, just need for Wilder vs Povetkin to become official!

Also this fight getting done means that Wilder is NOT "Dropping The WBC Title To Fight Martin" as some was trying to say he would

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Still think Joshua should've waited but absolutely nothing but respect for both for taking this fight though! Look forward to it! 2016 Schedule looking good for Heavyweights, just need for Wilder vs Povetkin to become official!

Also this fight getting done means that Wilder is NOT "Dropping The WBC Title To Fight Martin" as some was trying to say he would

Comment

Working...
                      X