Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Imam apparently got TKO'd - What the hell happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Imam apparently got TKO'd - What the hell happened?

According to boxrec he got TKO'd in the 8th round... Wow that is an upset for sure...

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    According to boxrec he got TKO'd in the 8th round... Wow that is an upset for sure...
    He knocked the guy down in the first, but his opponent shook off the cobwebs,dragged imam into a war,and drowned him in the later rounds.

Comment

You didnt watch? It was on ShoeExtreme. It was an incredible fight.

He heavily dropped Granados in the first, looked like it was over. Granados came out in the second round and was on some JCC/Hatton ****. Threw over 100 punches a round the rest of the fight until the stoppage. Not a lot of power, but busted up Imam.

Imam maybe could have gone a little longer, but he was in the corner, head hung down, taking shot after shot, not trying to throw back. Good stoppage, he got his ass kicked.

Comment

The score cards were a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
          I watched it on Showtime Extreme. Imam looked like he was going to score a first round KO, but Granados hung in there and completely outworked him the rest of the fight.

Very good fight that is well worth watching.

Comment

Granandos was landing right hands over Imam's jab, throwing five punch combinations left and right. Imam's defense was nonexitant once Granados got inside and didn't know how to effectively hold on.

Imam's corner was terrible as well. Saying "you're losing, you're losing man" the entire break isn't going to help his fighter any. Dude got exposed and needs to take a step back. Once he wasnt able to get his opponent out of there he had no plan.

Comment

Granados is a tough hombre who knows how to fight and while Imam is talented he's not really been pushed in too many fights, he's showed some defensive liabilities in the past and they came full circle here when he couldn't keep AG off his chest or KO him he got beat up..

Comment

wtf how did i miss this, im watching my Aggies vs LSU

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Once he wasnt able to get his opponent out of there he had no plan.
                  The plight of a puncher.

Comment

Crap I thought they were showing him on the DeGale Bute card?

Comment

Working...
                    X