Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Stoppage, but can we start giving Degale some credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Stoppage, but can we start giving Degale some credit?

Seems like he's taken flack for most of his career on this forum, mostly because he comes across as a bit of c*ck outside the ring, but can we please start giving him credit for being a decent boxer, and maybe a threat to the top guys in the division?

He might have crappy punch technique sometimes but most of us know that punch technique isnt the only thing which makes a boxer. He's got real classy footwork, great reach, nice left hand, nice southpaw jab etc etc. He still gets careless and switches off sometimes but i think he showed last night that the bigger challenge will bring out the best in him.

What say you?

he lost to groves and froch destroyed groves. i am a triangle.

Comment

One of the few opponents I would like to see in with Ward.

I think he'd have a chance.

Comment

I've always liked DeGale, I've sung his praises here a million times, can he beat Froch? No. Can he beat the likes of Bika? Most definitely.

Comment

'Real classy footwork'? Are you honestly talking about James Degale?

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            'Real classy footwork'? Are you honestly talking about James Degale?
            Ok he has lapses but for most part its solid.

Comment

degale is a bum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lets be fair here Gonzalez is not very good is he, Degale is good no doubt he wont beat froch though.

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
                  Lets be fair here Gonzalez is not very good is he, Degale is good no doubt he wont beat froch though.
                  I honestly thought that bloke was Yusaf Mack.

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
                    Gonzales is ok, nothing special. But Degale completely pasted him.

I think Degale vs. Froch at this stage in Froch's career is very interesting. Very back and forth fight imo with Froch probably dominating the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X