Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OKC Thunder better of trading Westbrook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKC Thunder better of trading Westbrook?

This is something my roommates and I have talked about recently. Westbrook seems like the kind of player who will need to be Derrick Rose-esque: the main weapon. With guys like Harden, Perk, Ibaka, Collison, etc, etc they are incredibly deep. Oh, and that guy Durant, he's pretty good. But, they looked like a shoot-first PG was holding them back, as great as he is. Or maybe instead of trading him they move him to be an undersized 2 guard, but they seem like they need a real pg so that Durant can be the center of the offense. Opinions?

Westbrook for Chris Paul... Do it!

Comment

I hope he isn't traded. He is still an immature PG. He will learn to move the ball around more and not to always shoot or drive before looking for better options. In the long run I think the Thunder will be better off keeping him.

Obviously if they get someone like Paul or Deron Williams without having to give up any major assets then I would change my view.

Comment

Partly I fault Durant. He needs to be more agressive in asking for the ball. Put Westbrook in check. Harden was a beast this last game though. But I would use him ala Jason Terry.

Comment

Originally posted by Burning Phoenix View Post
          Partly I fault Durant. He needs to be more agressive in asking for the ball. Put Westbrook in check. Harden was a beast this last game though. But I would use him ala Jason Terry.
          Harden has to start at SG next season. He is OKC's best ball player and a very versatile scorer. His defence could be better but its not terrible. **** Thabo off.

Comment

Then who would they have leading the second unit? Maynor??

Comment

Originally posted by Burning Phoenix View Post
              Then who would they have leading the second unit? Maynor??
              Yeah, that is a problem I admit. Not sure. James is just so damn good. I guess if they keep giving him the minutes they have in this post season then its ok. I just don't want to see Thabo getting more than 12 minutes a game.

Comment

When your point guard shoots so much that can never work.. AI did it but it took Larry brown some heavy coaching... Selfbrook is naturally a number two position player.. He would be better off coming off the bench but we nlknow that's not gonna happen... Trade him for steph curry from golden state.
                Last edited by BTL; 05-25-2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

trade him to orlando and get anyone you want sans dwight..

Comment

The stupidest thing I ever heard. Yeah trade away your second best offensuve player and best penetrator.

Comment

Working...
                    X