Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most difficult games you've ever played?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya the hardest parts of demon and dark souls was that i kept falling to my death on alot of levels

Comment

Beat mgs4 on big boss mode, beat fight champion goat mode had 5 losses though 3 to damn lenox lewis, beat all levels of horde on insanity on gow 2, and marble madness.

Comment

Left 4 Dead II on Expert Realism.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Beat mgs4 on big boss mode, beat fight champion goat mode had 5 losses though 3 to damn lenox lewis, beat all levels of horde on insanity on gow 2, and marble madness.
          I could never beat MGS4 on the hardest difficulty without killing someone. F***ing bullsh** motorcyle chase.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Pretty much every game created prior to 1991 was incredibly ****ing difficult.

I never had a problem with RE : Code Veronica when I originally bought it with my Dreamcast back in the day. I beat it quite a few times rather easily, but then years later I picked up the Gamecube version and HOLY **** that game beat my ass. The amount of ammo available in that game has to be the lowest amount in any RE game to date. There were extended periods during that Gamecube revisit where I was armed only with a knife, running from anything and everything that came at me.

Eventually I couldn't run away anymore, as I got to that part where you HAVE to kill the Bandersnatch in the lift room in order for the cutscene to que with Steve coming to the rescue. Imagine trying to kill a Bandersnatch with a knife.

I gave up and never touched it since.
            Well maybe that's why I find it so difficult. Admittedly, I haven't played the Dreamcast version since probably 2000 or 2001 which was when the Dreamcast was still active. I had only rented that version and had never got around to beating it. I bought the Gamecube version years later on sale but could only get as far as the second disk as Chris Redfield. I have no healing items left to deal with the hunters and I'm not about to start over again. I had to give up. Sucks that the knife is pretty much useless in the older versions of Resident Evil while in RE 4 and 5 I've seen videos of people doing walkthroughs with the knife only.

Comment

It's not hard but it's a achievement in itself if you get GTA IV's Wanted trophy. Holy ****, that trophy is depressing.

Shao Khan was a cheap ass mother ****er back on the arcades in MK2 and speaking of MK, try the Kombo Challenges in MK vs DC for some fun.

Comment

Mortal Kombat 2,arcade version

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  Quoted for truth.

Too many save points, too many checkpoints, too much ammo, too many lazy gamers.

A friend of mine is all of the above.

Dude keeps his laptop running on the couch right next to him whenever he's playing anything.

Always pulled up on a Gamefaqs walkthrough for whatever he's playing a tthe moment so that he never "gets stuck".

God forbid you actually try to figure something out on your own, 'ya know?

Ontop of that, he skims the entire walkthrough before he even starts playing ; so he knows all the puzzle solutions if there are any, and he knows what kinds of bosses he'll be facing before he even sees them.

I find that **** ridiculous.

It seems to me like you're defeating the entire point.
                  I hate that, it takes the life out of the game.

If anything, the best thing about a game is when you're stuck and have to think really hard of what the hell you gotta do. I love that happening to me to the point where I just turn off the system.

Comment

Angry birds. Getting a perfect score on everything without using youtube? Impossible!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I hate that, it takes the life out of the game.

If anything, the best thing about a game is when you're stuck and have to think really hard of what the hell you gotta do. I love that happening to me to the point where I just turn off the system.
                      It's ****ing weak and he's still doing it. I definitely agree that it sucks all the life out of a video game. I don't even see the point in playing if you've already prepped yourself for all the puzzles and boss encounters.

On topic : I picked up 'Ninja Gaiden 2' for like the 4th time today at Gamestop, and I'll be attempting to beat it on Master Ninja mode in a few days. I had made it through to chapter 8 on previous versions but ended up trading it in before I finished it, so I'm just going to start over again and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X