No announcement yet.

Prime Liston vs Prime Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    Never mind getting personal, stick to the topic.
    Tyson KO'd nothing but bums in a very very poor heavyweight division in the mid to late 80's
    Anyone who thinks otherwise was no doubt a kid looking at the tv through rose tinted WoW glasses.
    Evander Holyfield made Tyson look like a petulant child.
    A bum like Douglas knocked him out and that truly exploded the myth.
    The fight against spinks may have been the worst fight I've ever seen.
    Spinks didn't even get a decent slap and he was on the canvas reaching for his cheque in 5 seconds flat.
    Tyson wasn't a bum but everyone he knocked out during the 80's period of his career definitely was...
    i happen to think alot of casual fans OVERATE mike tyson but you definitely do not give this fellow his due from 86-88 he fought at a high level and was formidable even after losing to douglas for awhile.Berbick, Thomas, Tucker and others were good fighters.
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      ...hahaha......"Shake the dust from your feet, you have dealt with the churls, administering them a thorough drubbing. They got old overnight a long time ago".

He isn't worth the time, how people don't realize they make fools of themselves by lying constantly is beyond me.
      Why this person is allowed here is ridiculous also he has stated his uncle trained Bowe yet his uncle has no name. The whopper about him KOing a pro fighter is unbelievable too. His father is a world wide known judo expert, whats the harm identifying him if he's already known "world wide"?

Fishing trips over the weekend will be great, going out about 20 miles into the Gulf and looking to land some great catches.

Ray.
      Speaking of FOOLs how ironic your the king of them commenting on April fools day...i'll leave it at that! hopefully you somehow can hit the Bermuda triangle on your fishing trip by coincidance

"Lison was in his PRIME in the Ali fight" I don't even have put the imbecile who stated that one!

Heres a bonus referring to a thread of worst HW champ of all time.....

"I still say Fury is P4P the worst heavyweight champion to date"The oldlefhook

Even though Fury hasn't had the chance to defend once yet and its to a 6'6 giant who prior hadn't lost in 10 years. He even put P4P when not many HW's champions were over 230/250 pounds
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-02-2016, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
        i happen to think alot of casual fans OVERATE mike tyson but you definitely do not give this fellow his due from 86-88 he fought at a high level and was formidable even after losing to douglas for awhile.Berbick, Thomas, Tucker and others were good fighters.
        Not much to overate Tyson ,he made the guys of his era look inferior. If you check some of his weaker opponents they took some of the best 90's guys the distance or gave them problems. If one guy wasn't overatted throughout history it was Tyson. you cant really overate him because he was that good ,anmd MOSt actually don't consider him an all time great which says a lot about the boxing community.

Comment

I don't think anyone ATE Mike Tyson. If anyone was doing the eating it was Tyson just ask Holyfield although he might not hear you.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Not much to overate Tyson ,he made the guys of his era look inferior. If you check some of his weaker opponents they took some of the best 90's guys the distance or gave them problems. If one guy wasn't overatted throughout history it was Tyson. you cant really overate him because he was that good ,anmd MOSt actually don't consider him an all time great which says a lot about the boxing community.
            most casual fans consider tyson the best. Its really hard to gauge for me where he is actually rated. He fought pro from 85 thru 2005 or so he was an unreal talent in his peak years both offensively and defensively . I only saw him live once in the first ruddock fights and he got cracked and took it well but you could tell at one time he would have avoided those punches. At that time he was still an elite heavyweight but could be hit. Amazing fighter!

Comment

most casual fans consider tyson the best. Its really hard to gauge for me where he is actually rated. He fought pro from 85 thru 2005 or so he was an unreal talent in his peak years both offensively and defensively . I only saw him live once in the first ruddock fights and he got cracked and took it well but you could tell at one time he would have avoided those punches. At that time he was still an elite heavyweight but could be hit. Amazing fighter!
              Most casual fans and EXPERTS consider Ali the best. If you walk up to anyone really that are casual fans they will tell you Ali. Now if you wish to believe that fine...however most agree that Ali is the best not Tyson wheather they are casuals or not.You only judge fighters at their best so its not hard at all. Ruddock hitting Tyson means as much as douglas hitting him two separate skilled Tysons one was in the 80's the other the 90's.Even in the Bruno fight Rooney had pointed out all the flaws and predicted a douglas win which goes to show how great Tyson was ,just by a slight decrease in overall ability which made a world of difference. later on standing up to a giant lewis who was the most prepared hes ever been because he was terrified of the Tyson presence and eating 200 shots at his Best in shape performance hes been in over the 230 mark is what it took to put Tyson out for the count ,a slower less mobile Tyson.

Holyfiled is an anomoly though I do believe the head butts were a direct cause of the lash out,even so that Tyson would never have fought like that in the 80's or early 90's. I also think holyfield that night would have smoked Bowe ,all the top guys brought their " A" game against Tyson out of fear of knowing what was coming at them so if anything also he fought the best versions of everyone.

Does all this make him overatted from what he didn't or did accomplish? I don't think so...by what standard of overatting are we comparing him too?
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-02-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Most casual fans and EXPERTS consider Ali the best. If you walk up to anyone really that are casual fans they will tell you Ali. Now if you wish to believe that fine...however most agree that Ali is the best not Tyson wheather they are casuals or not.You only judge fighters at their best so its not hard at all. Ruddock hitting Tyson means as much as douglas hitting him two separate skilled Tysons one was in the 80's the other the 90's.Even in the Bruno fight Rooney had pointed out all the flaws and predicted a douglas win which goes to show how great Tyson was ,just by a slight decrease in overall ability which made a world of difference. later on standing up to a giant lewis who was the most prepared hes ever been because he was terrified of the Tyson presence and eating 200 shots at his Best in shape performance hes been in over the 230 mark is what it took to put Tyson out for the count ,a slower less mobile Tyson.

Holyfiled is an anomoly though I do believe the head butts were a direct cause of the lash out,even so that Tyson would never have fought like that in the 80's or early 90's. I also think holyfield that night would have smoked Bowe ,all the top guys brought their " A" game against Tyson out of fear of knowing what was coming at them so if anything also he fought the best versions of everyone.

Does all this make him overatted from what he didn't or did accomplish? I don't think so...by what standard of overatting are we comparing him too?
                your last statement if we are talking about Tyson is very accurate.

Comment

Every casual fan or rather person who has never watched boxing almost always says something along the lines of "Tyson was a monster! He could have destroyed anyone!" Most casual fans prefer to see nonstop action, knockouts, and brutal fights rather than understand the skill of someone like Willie Pep. Every other casual fan says Ali if not Tyson though but it seems people are starting to say Mayweather even non casual fans who are young amateur fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                    Every casual fan or rather person who has never watched boxing almost always says something along the lines of "Tyson was a monster! He could have destroyed anyone!" Most casual fans prefer to see nonstop action, knockouts, and brutal fights rather than understand the skill of someone like Willie Pep. Every other casual fan says Ali if not Tyson though but it seems people are starting to say Mayweather even non casual fans who are young amateur fighters.
                    The ones who were there first and LABLED the greatest are the one who usually keep that legacy cemented just for that. Heavyweight boxing is not marketed like it was ,no one is claiming to be the greatest "except Fury" and no one has there own Mike Tysons punch out . Floyd Mayweather is considered p4p the greatest by many but thats entirely different to HW boxing .

Comment

It was famously Buster Douglas who OVERATE....

Berbick and Thomas were bums, anyone with any experience knows that.
                      Chumps of the lowest order, same with spinks at heavyweight, Tyrell Biggs, these chumps were hand made for Tyson.
                      Tin cans, nothing else.
                      It wasn't Tysons fault the division was so poor.
                      Tucker could have been a good fighter but he was missing the essential spark to make the next level.
                      No, I'm sorry, Tyson was a good demolition man, but he knocked out nothing but BUMS during the mid to late 80's.
                      The division was the weakest it had ever been and second only to when Ruiz won a title.
                      Fury might be rubbish but he would have beaten Ruiz.
                      Last edited by Kiwi Nick; 04-05-2016, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X