No announcement yet.

Every top boxer's worst nightmare

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every top boxer's worst nightmare

We all know that every top boxer has 1 certain opponent that they would NEVER step into the ring with. Maybe they could beat the opponent, but even in our wildest fantasies, we could never imagine the fight ever happen and we would almost commit mass suicide out of pure mind**** if it did happen. Mention some of the top boxers' worst fears that we all know for a fact that they won't ever face before they retire.

1: Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao. I think Mayweather would win the fight, but he doesn't like the thought of guys who aren't slow Mexicans or South Americans.
    2: Wladimir will never fight Wilder. Why fight a guy with equal size and power to yourself who is younger when there are so many Povetkins and Pulevs and Jenkins out there to bully? Fans will take your side anyway because they hate the other guy.
    3: Rigo will never fight Walters. If journeyman Cordoba, Goofy Donaire and a Japanese journeyman can hurt you and knock you down, you just don't want to fight a bigger, younger opponent who got better skills and power than them.

Those are just 3 examples. Please mention more.
    Last edited by TheJudge; 02-06-2015, 12:50 PM.

Wilder vs a live body

Floyd vs Pacquiao

Cotto vs Golovkin

Ward vs Kovalev

Comment

Khan vs Mattysse

Comment

Originally posted by TheJudge View Post
        We all know that every top boxer has 1 certain opponent that they would NEVER step into the ring with. Maybe they could beat the opponent, but even in our wildest fantasies, we could never imagine the fight ever happen and we would almost commit mass suicide out of pure mind**** if it did happen. Mention some of the top boxers' worst fears that we all know for a fact that they won't ever face before they retire.

1: Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao. I think Mayweather would win the fight, but he doesn't like the thought of guys who aren't slow Mexicans or South Americans.
        2: Wladimir will never fight Wilder. Why fight a guy with equal size and power to yourself who is younger when there are so many Povetkins and Pulevs and Jenkins out there to bully? Fans will take your side anyway because they hate the other guy.
        3: Rigo will never fight Walters. If journeyman Cordoba, Goofy Donaire and a Japanese journeyman can hurt you and knock you down, you just don't want to fight a bigger, younger opponent who got better skills and power than them.

Those are just 3 examples. Please mention more.
        What? Wlad would love to fight Wilder. Its Wilder's team that probably won't want to fight Wlad for a very long time, considering how much leverage Haymon milks belts for.

Comment

Cotto will never fight ggg he'll never accept a fight with canelo either

Comment

what a fresh thread

Comment

Cotto against any healthy fighter who can punch at all.

(AKA Cotto against any real man)

Comment

Didn't Vladimir call Wilder out recently?

Top of my head Cotto, and Quillin will never face GGG. Can't think of many more, maybe Mayweather vs Pacquioa, since it seems like Adonis is now willing to make the fight vs Kovalev.

Comment

Wlad wants the Wilder fight. I don't think Rigo would back down from Walters. As far those other guys you mentioned, who knows or even cares anymore?

I doubt Cotto wants any part of any legitimate middleweight. But let's face it. In this day and age of high purses and 1000 belts to hold and claim to be champion, is it any wonder? I highly doubt Jim Braddock would have fought Max Baer had the title not been on the line. As long as the boxing world gives them a pass, they will seek out easier fights for a longer career. Just human nature.

Comment

The current version of Amir Khan is a bad matchup for Mayweather. If Mayweather doesn't knock him out, then Khan outboxes Mayweather. I understand the phrase, "outboxes Mayweather" sounds absurd, but Khan has crazy speed and reach, with very respectable power and boxing IQ. He has the perfect style and trainer to overcome Mayweather. I can't wait to bet on the inflated odds. People think Mayweather is a god, and all they remember about Khan is his KO losses.

Comment

Working...
                    X