No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios-Mike Alvarado II: Pre-B.A.D. Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
    I'm not going to be absurd and claim that he has a great defense. It is underrated, but it's not incredible. He does enough to make his opponents work hard to land, whilst he focuses on getting into range.

However, Alvarado has consistently proved he has a garbage defense. I think back to the Bredis Prescott fight when he had his face rearranged. Even the Rios fight, Rios couldn't really miss, he just had to wait for Alvarado to stop punching - and when Alvarado ran out of steam in the 6th, it was open season.

Alvarado is obviously a tough guy, but he's not a great boxer, and if you're telling me that he has a better defense than Rios (as the author of this article is) then I'm saying you have no business being a boxing pundit. It's total nonsense.
    You actually make some solid points. Wouldn't be the first time I may have mis-analyzed something before a fight, though I think it's really splitting hairs on two guys who are very hittable (both grades are arguably too high).

I think I'll stay in the business if that's okay with you...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
      Exactly. Which Alvarado does not.

Rios does more than just tuck up nicely though. He does attempt to evade shots. Again, Alvarado does not.

Rios is a pressure fighter. Of course he has to walk through a lot to get up close. He's not offensively gifted, it's all brute strength. However, he's not a Margarito, he doesn't just defend with his face. Again, anybody questioning what I'm saying, I say watch Rios-Alvarado I and watch what Rios does defensively. You'll be surprised. It's not magnificent, but it is fairly effective. Then look at what Alvarado does defensively, you'll see nothing at all.
      I agree with this..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        Funny enough I see this too..Pac Rios-Marquez Bradley..Coming real soon..

Everybody wins!!!

Comment

Rios is never in a bad fight, and he never ceases to amaze me....time and time again I think he's gonna get knocked out and the kid never does...goes down, pops right back up and knocks out the other guy....simply amazing

Don't get me wrong, Alvarado is a tough rugged fighter and the first was close, the difference is Rios' ability to take punches and keep going

Rios by knockout

Comment

What do you mean TKO by 6th round again? It was the 7th round last time. Brandon said 5 rounds to knock this guy out. Thats what it will be. 2legit

Comment

Originally posted by legitboxing View Post
              What do you mean TKO by 6th round again? It was the 7th round last time. Brandon said 5 rounds to knock this guy out. Thats what it will be. 2legit
              I know. That was in the stat lines. Typed the wrong word.

Comment

Alvarado will ko rios tonight!

Rios talks too much.... Alvarado means business this time around, did not take that defeat well. He KO's RIOS this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  You actually make some solid points. Wouldn't be the first time I may have mis-analyzed something before a fight, though I think it's really splitting hairs on two guys who are very hittable (both grades are arguably too high).

I think I'll stay in the business if that's okay with you...LOL
                  Nope. I was right the first time. Alvarado had the edge on D.

Comment

no way rios wins this fight if judged fairly

Comment

I shook my head at round 9, 10, and 12 when Alvarado was running, not even boxing, that was running. If he gets robbed it will be his own fault and I am rooting for him to win but it will be his own fault if he gets robbed. He shouldn't have ran like he did in those rounds. Hopefully he gets the decision, but I think he could lose for running like he did. You give the judges a chance to rob you, they will do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X