Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton Could Learn From Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton said he would give the rematch, but his team said "NO"...there was no point according to them...they thought the same with Collazo.

For Tszyu, the guy didn't come back yet, so you can blame him as well...age, money, fame, and a happy family life, has a way of changing you.
    Oh, like I said many times, I blame Australia as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      When people speak of Hatton they speak of him normally as a big guy, with a big frame. When Hatton was next to PBF Hatton was happy that PBF looked small and Hatton said he dwarded PBF, and he couldnt understand how PBF was going to keep him off for 12 rounds.
      It helps having 200 pounds on his frame when he is looking at a 100% dedicated, year round, training freak like Mayweather.

No, Hatton's frame really isn't that big...if you see video or photos, you can see that his upper body is quite small. This is also why, when he is
      say 175+, he looks like Santa, but if someone like Tszyu is walking around at 175+, he still looks human.

Just look at the measurements...don't pay attention to Tszyu's since his is freakishly big for that weight.
      Last edited by Abe Attell; 12-03-2006, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Computer Savy and Self Motivated

Any fighter who claims to be elite or world class should be able to move up ONE weight division and at the very least compete with the top fighters in that division.

Can anyone name the last elite fighter who hasn't or couldn't do this? Also dont get mis-guided by these Hatton fans who try to overhype Collazo as super dangerous. Hatton's camp thought they had a good walk through fighter and the least dangerous of the 147lb belt holders as noted by Collazo's 12KO's in 26 fights coming in.

Hatton would get mauled by the elite of the WW division and he himself realized it and retreated back to jrWW where he will fight in a depleted division full of former jr lightweights and lightweights.

I seriously see any of yesterdays fighters beating Hatton convincingly but with Hatton having his best chance against a wide punching Margarito.

Comment

Tszyu didn't move up...I thought he should of a while ago when the division was real hot with Tito, Oscar, Shane, and Forrest...this is a bit of a knock on his legacy in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SiN View Post
            All you've said is Hatton is overrated while Cotto was underrated...
            No, I said perception is dependent upon the fights....and that Cotto is a naturally bigger man.

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Attell View Post
              Tszyu didn't move up...I thought he should of a while ago when the division was real hot with Tito, Oscar, Shane, and Forrest...this is a bit of a knock on his legacy in my opinion.
              Exactly, thats a huge knock on Tzu who could've cemented his legacy and fattend his bank account had he made the jump. Tzu is considered by me to be a notch below great because of this huge flaw in his resume and so will Hatton. It was also a knock against Bernard until recently.

I would be more understanding of Hatton staying at jrWW if he never made the jump in the first place OR if the jrWW class had a deep talent pool however he did and it doesnt so there are no truely intriguing fights down there except for Castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                Apples and Oranges.

1. Everyone has known for a while that Cotto was blowing up big time between fights and was much too big to remain at 140.

2. He Said/She Said doesn't mean diddley-squat. Quintana was being favored by some due to the perceived weakness in Cotto's chin while Ricky was being blown out of proportion somewhat due to his beating of Tszyu and Maussa (sp).

In the end, Cotto was too big for 140 while Hatton is too small for 147; and that has no relation even as to how these two would have matched up at Jr. Welterweight.

Apples and Oranges.
                Amen brother!

Comment

Hatton blows up to nearly 160 pounds after the 140 weighin & people are saying he's not big for jr welter. To me that's ridiculous. He had 1 fight at welter & struggled alot & dropped back down. Black Jesus posted this same remark & I'll put it out there again. He said that what if Mayweather dropped back down to 130 after struggling with JLC at 135 the first time around. Would most say that was a ***** move? I think so. I also agree with the other poster that said why Hatton can't move up 1 weight class & either be competitive or dominant. Great fighters do things like that because of their skills; not just a weight/strength advantage & I believe Hatton falls way short of being great or really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Attell View Post
                    It helps having 200 pounds on his frame when he is looking at a 100% dedicated, year round, training freak like Mayweather.

No, Hatton's frame really isn't that big...if you see video or photos, you can see that his upper body is quite small. This is also why, when he is
                    say 175+, he looks like Santa, but if someone like Tszyu is walking around at 175+, he still looks human.

Just look at the measurements...don't pay attention to Tszyu's since his is freakishly big for that weight.
                    Hattons measurements are quite small afterall. His chest measurement is quite small. Smaller than i thought. And Kostya is definately bigger than i imagined. 42 inch chest. WOW. . But hey...hold on. Hatton isnt 67.5 inches tall. Are those measurements right. I dont think so.
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 12-03-2006, 02:15 PM.

Comment

The measurements are probably accurate, this isn't the only tale of the tape that has these numbers...not sure on the height, what's that 5'7 1/2 for Hatton?

The height seems a bit off...maybe he was measured when he was wearing his shoes, either boxing or regular...

Comment

Working...
                      X