Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan vs Julio Diaz in the UK?!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan's team should just reach out to Corley. Chop Chop is always ready for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      I dont particularly want to see it either.

But it's understandable.

I was desperately hoping for a Lopez fight as that would have been a barnstormer.

They obviously tried to make a Lopez/Senchenko fight but for whatever reason they couldn't be made(weight im guessing).

And trust me, it's not extremely sensible for this forum. I didn't mean you in particular i meant the ******s that have been suggesting Khan fights Matthysse next.
      Oh lol. Ok. I was hoping for a Lopez vs Khan fight as well but I think we got something better with Josesito vs Maidana. Did you hear that they're are close to signing it?!?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Julio Diaz was a legit fight at 135 lbs like 6 years ago....

Cano arguably beat Paulie though, and gave a past it Morales a tough half of a fight at least. What has Julio Diaz done lately??? He gave an overrated prospect a tough fight.

Enough with the rebounding stuff. He wants a rematch against the RING JWW champ in Danny Garcia, he should get a legit win against someone like Ajose, Cano, or Lopez to get that rematch.

For someone who always fights the best regardless, his last fight and than THIS would be ****ty as hell.
        Getting legit win's etc doesn't mean jack **** anymore. It's all about the money.

For example i wouldn't say a win over Andre fcking Berto is enough to warrant a fight with the P4P number 1 fighter in the sport but hey ho, you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          Getting legit win's etc doesn't mean jack **** anymore. It's all about the money.

For example i wouldn't say a win over Andre fcking Berto is enough to warrant a fight with the P4P number 1 fighter in the sport but hey ho, you know how it goes.
          Guerrero got that fight because.....well there really isn't anyone else to fight on May 4th. Canelo will get his shot, IF he beats Trout. So we'll see.

Guerrero is at least a Top 5 WW, coming off a couple decent wins.

I'm saying I don't think it will happen if Khan moves to 147 and fights Diaz there. If he moves up, it won't happen this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Well Khan could be moving up next. WBC moved him to the Top 10 at 147, and Diaz' last three fights were at 147.

If Khan moves up, I doubt we see Garcia-Khan II in the fall, because I don't see Garcia moving up yet.
            Didn't WBC have him ranked #2 at 147? Given how the man has never fought a single fight at 147 in his career, i think that tells us all we need to know about the WBC's rankings.

I highly doubt Khan will move up before fighting Garcia again. Wether that be in the fall or next year, it seems like Khan has his heart set on rematching Garcia in whichever way he can.

Comment

Khan got hit too much by Molina. This is a good opponent to work one some things with Virgil Hunter. Khan should fight another two tuneups at least and work on the defense.

He's still young as ****, I know the pressure is there to come back and fight for a title this fall, but I think he should spend 2013 working on his craft and look for a title next Spring. Another knockout loss and he will become the new Zab Judah; a highly-skilled gatekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by truestory1987 View Post
                Oh lol. Ok. I was hoping for a Lopez vs Khan fight as well but I think we got something better with Josesito vs Maidana. Did you hear that they're are close to signing it?!?
                Yeah mate, that's a great fight indeed. However i was hoping for Lopez to get a shot at Khan for two reasons. a) it would be a GREAT fight IMO, and b) Lopez would at the very least get another well deserved big payday.

I really like Lopez. I try to keep away from supporting singular fighters as opposed to just being a neutral boxing fan just wanting to see great fights, however when you get someone like Josesito Lopez it's hard not to just love the lad. An old school warrior who'll give it his all every fight with a fan friendly style and the heart of a lion, who also seems like a great guy outside of the ring. What's not to like.

Also not to do an injustice to him. By no means is that the sympathy card saying he's just a good guy. A good guy he may well be but he would have had a very good shot at beating Khan IMO. At the very least it would have been a great fight i'd have thought.

Alas, Lopez - Maidana softens the blow. That will do nicely. Can't wait for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Khan got hit too much by Molina. This is a good opponent to work one some things with Virgil Hunter. Khan should fight another two tuneups at least and work on the defense.

He's still young as ****, I know the pressure is there to come back and fight for a title this fall, but I think he should spend 2013 working on his craft and look for a title next Spring. Another knockout loss and he will become the new Zab Judah; a highly-skilled gatekeeper.
                  Great post. I agree but i don't think Khan will do that. He seems to have his heart set on facing Garcia as soon as he can. He said he would have wanted to have fought him in April had Garcia not had already had Judah lined up. Unless we see drastic changes in his next fight he still looks very susceptible to the left hook so rematching Garcia again so quickly could turn out to be a big mistake.

Comment

Diaz has fought at WW in recent fights...Khan is at 140. Many people surrounding Khan don't want him going up in weight, so the question is, will Diaz come down? If he does, he gets stopped by Khan inside 7.

Comment

If Khan loses to Diaz bring on Matthysee vs Garcia GBP.

Comment

Working...
                      X