Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which style do you prefer, face first brawler or skilled boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer SKILLED BOXER over Face First Brawler...if you can actually DO BOTH like the great Marvin Hagler, then that is EVEN BETTER!

even though Face First Brawlers like Andy Lee for example are very exciting and entertaining to watch, Bam Bam Rios as well

but it is funny though how people are PICKING Skilled Boxers but then they complain about TRUE BOXERS STYLE! "He Runs" "He Does Throw Enough Punches" "He Doesn't Engage Enough" "He Doesn't Have Great Power" blah blah blah

Then when a guy for example like Paul Williams does stand and fight and Brawl, then people complain about his lack of Defense

I take it that many people...on this Forum ESPECIALLY...really don't truly understand the difference between BRAWLING AND BOXING
    Last edited by sicko; 08-17-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Boxing is brutal chess, the idea is to hit but not be hit. There isn't anything particularly gutsy about being hit repeatedly and potentially sustaining head trauma in the process. To me, the brawler/face first fighter represent a type of desperation that comes with not having sound fundamental boxing skills, so they rely on pummeling their opponent but in the process are also pummeled.

Boxers and the skill it takes to be successful as one brings to mind the term, "the sweet science."

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
        Skilled face first brawler
        Examples???

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Hater View Post
          Roy wasn't all that skilled and he sure as hell wasn't a brawler. Roy was extremely athletic.
          actually he was a skilled brawler with reflexes for counter punching
          and excellent technique when he wanted
          unorthodox but excellent

no weakness
          - everyone else has a weakness except roy

i suppose some lameo will answer he had a weakness to a tarver right hand

and i'd answer- castillo had a weakness to getting robbed by judges (like he land in the middle east the Un had sanctioned and now was getting robbed daily)

Comment

In most cases, I like a skilled fighter who prefers to stay in range and punch.

Comment

I will always go for the skilled boxer.

Face first brawling to see that I can go around my old way put $20 on the curb and tell crackheads whoever get the KO can get the $20!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                Boxing is brutal chess, the idea is to hit but not be hit. There isn't anything particularly gutsy about being hit repeatedly and potentially sustaining head trauma in the process. To me, the brawler/face first fighter represent a type of desperation that comes with not having sound fundamental boxing skills, so they rely on pummeling their opponent but in the process are also pummeled.

Boxers and the skill it takes to be successful as one brings to mind the term, "the sweet science."
                Exactly, that's why I don't understand how an old jack ass like Larry Merchant and so called boxing fans think a brawl is the only kind of entertaining fight. Some people like watching boxers who actually know how to make you miss.

Comment

Winky Wright, Floyd Mayweather, and Bernard Hopkins r 2 of the most entertaining fighters IMO.... That answer it for u?

Comment

I prefer probaly a skilled boxer a tad bit more than a brawler everybody loves a KO.

Comment

i prefer when they fight each other it makes for the best fights like wolak rodriguez

Comment

Working...
                      X