No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: I Prayed To God, I Think I'm Ready To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao says he is likely to retire next year after one last fight to focus on a career in politics. Previously Pacquiao had stated that he wanted to fight a few more times.

The born-again Christian, winner of an unprecedented eight world titles in as many weight divisions and at times touted as a future president of the Philippines, said he had taken career advice from God.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    PAC! Great news! Bigger battles coming. Politics! Floyd can't do that kinda selfless stuff.
    Just my opinion. But he doesn't need to.

Glad to hear it! God bless PAC.
    Hope he can cut through political issues like he did his opponents, earlier in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao says he is likely to retire next year after one last fight to focus on a career in politics. Previously Pacquiao had stated that he wanted to fight a few more times.

The born-again Christian, winner of an unprecedented eight world titles in as many weight divisions and at times touted as a future president of the Philippines, said he had taken career advice from God.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      "The 'born-again Christian,' winner of an unprecedented eight world titles in as many divisions and at times touted a future president of the Philippines, said he had taken career advice from Bob."
      I had to clean up this line from the article, which was pretty misleading....

Comment

Best of luck to him on to the new era !

Comment

so back to back "last fights" for manny and floyd interesting curious to see where boxing goes without these 2 cause i dont care what anyone says both were extremely good for boxing

Comment

His career has been amazing. One of the most exciting fighters of this era. One of the best come from nothing stories you ever wanna here. Its time to move on.

Comment

One of the greatest boxers and a great human being.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                Hopefully it's paulie malignaggi for all his **** talking. I'd pay 100 to watch that execution.

They played us well.

That is too funny lol

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Remember people predicting Pacquiao and Floyd would wait till the very end of their careers when their past prime to fight, milking PPVs against other opponents on the way? Yep. Was Pacs last fight and PBFs second to last fight. Well played. Two past prime guys in a meaningless fight.
                  yep they robbed the bank

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Remember people predicting Pacquiao and Floyd would wait till the very end of their careers when their past prime to fight, milking PPVs against other opponents on the way? Yep. Was Pacs last fight and PBFs second to last fight. Well played. Two past prime guys in a meaningless fight.
                    They made several times more money as well than if they fought in 2009.

The world is like that sometimes. We get a ****ty fight when theyre both past it and they make way more money.

Wouldnt say it was meaningless though, it was still the number 1 and number 2 welterweight in the world, which is always a legit match.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                      That is too funny lol
                      If it's truly his last fight, then why not beat the hell out of a guy who talked so much **** about you? Lol. Beating some prospect would be meaningless because he'd be retiring. Why not make it an interesting story.

Comment

Working...
                      X