No announcement yet.

Maidana ducking the 147 division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    I get your complaints about him, but if you were him, do you sign for another fight vs ghost, Thurman, porter, etc or do you wait it out looking to land a Floyd rematch...

I just don't think you can call it ducking..
    i think he should be grateful he got picked in the first place and carry on with his career ...if hes talking retirement hes only in it for the money not the fans..He did accept the bribe to exchange his gloves when the commission allowed him to wear the MX style.. Fuk a sellout still the reason i will never support Canelo for accepting a challenge he was to green to win

Comment

Well Maidana knows he doesn't have many fights left. He has a legitimate shot at landing the Floyd rematch. He'd be stupid not see it through. Having two Floyd Mayweather pay days is a hell of a way to end your career.

Comment

He better not retire before they make a Maidana-Lucas Argentina showdown...

Comment

Seriously lol everyone wants to see that

Comment

Chino papi'd him in the Amateurs. Is Lucas moving to welter do you know? I'd love that fight next year.

Maidana has every right to look for a Mayweather rematch. How is going after the #1 welter ducking the division? ****** logic

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
              Seriously lol everyone wants to see that
              No doubt, I can't believe it hasn't happened yet as both have been under the same promotional banner for a few years

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
              Chino papi'd him in the Amateurs. Is Lucas moving to welter do you know? I'd love that fight next year.

Maidana has every right to look for a Mayweather rematch. How is going after the #1 welter ducking the division? ****** logic
              Yeah Maidana owned him in the amateurs but we both know that's no guarantee it will translate to the pros. But I do remember shortly after the Lucas win over Peterson, they asked him about a Maidana fight and he was not too keen on it at all, which makes me think Maidana has him shook..

I don't think Lucas is heading to welter anytime soon, I'm pretty sure they are guiding him towards a Danny rematch, but will probably be for a vacant title when Danny moves up to welter.. Once Lucas gets a belt, I think they will look to move him up IMO

Comment

No doubt, I can't believe it hasn't happened yet as both have been under the same promotional banner for a few years

Yeah Maidana owned him in the amateurs but we both know that's no guarantee it will translate to the pros. But I do remember shortly after the Lucas win over Peterson, they asked him about a Maidana fight and he was not too keen on it at all, which makes me think Maidana has him shook..

I don't think Lucas is heading to welter anytime soon, I'm pretty sure they are guiding him towards a Danny rematch, but will probably be for a vacant title when Danny moves up to welter.. Once Lucas gets a belt, I think they will look to move him up IMO

Nah, they have a mutual respect for each other and support each other lucas was backing maidana vs mayweather. I think they prefer not to fight each other if they dont have to, but obviously this is a business and if the money is right...

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  Nah, they have a mutual respect for each other and support each other lucas was backing maidana vs mayweather. I think they prefer not to fight each other if they dont have to, but obviously this is a business and if the money is right...
                  Ok, that may be true... It was just my first gut feeling/opinion after seeing the interview

Comment

Same reason bradley didnt fight khan.....why take the chance when u can get a huge payday...no matter wat kinda boxer u are, its still prize fighting and u have a family to feed

Comment

Bradley didn't fight Khan as he had the Pacquiao in his sights. Khan didn't fight Alexander as he thought he had got the Mayweather fight.
                      I don't blame them... or Maidana on waiting to see if he's getting the rematch he think he deserves.

If your going to fight, you may awsell fight for the biggest purse on offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X