No announcement yet.

Why are ppl so naive on Floyd's possible opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are ppl so naive on Floyd's possible opponents

So, I read on here how people talk about Floyd fighting Garcia or Maidana, and before the small Argentine dude matthysse.. For F0cksake those are all 140 pounders!!!!! Floyd is 154, it amazes me people look two divisions lower for possible opponents. What is wrong with you people? The man fights at 154. Floyd is to them what andre ward and carl froch is to him at 168. Yeah he came from that weight, but he has grown and isn't that small anymore. Later on in say for example. Hopkins, Jones, or Toney's career, when they moved up in weight, would u have them fighting middleweights again? Look I don't know how, the mass's perception skims over his real opponents, but they aren't ****in 140 pounders. He has fighters in his actual division, for starters, Lara, and both martinez and GGG said they would go to 154 to fight him. This is some bull****. He has 5 opponents that should come before anyone else in his weight class. Martinez, GGG, Lara, Trout, and pacquaio even tho hes not in the weightclass we all know that fight is legit. Why on earth people actually think that slow ass basic fighter garcia or the guy who gets outboxed by a flabby ass morales can beat him, god only knows.

They don't realize how good Floyd is.

There is nobody worth fighting for Floyd except Pacquiao and Lara south of 154. He will just beat everybody easy.

Comment

Floyd is not a 154 fighter and never weighed more then 151...you say he cant fight 147 fighters yet list fighters such as martinez and GGG who fight at middleweight, so your agenda is clear

Comment

Can't wait to see him fight Khan..... oh wait... I'm streaming it and handing out streams to all my friends

Comment

And why in the hell would he fight Trout who is 0-2 in his last 2 fights and bring nothing to the table???and Lara???if he can't get any big fights at 154 why can't he go to 160(which would just be his 2nd weight class) and fight GGG or Martinez?

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
            Can't wait to see him fight Khan..... oh wait... I'm streaming it and handing out streams to all my friends
            stream it and hook it up to the big screen and have a fight party..enjoy

Comment

floyd is basically a 150lb fighter...thats what he walks around at and usually weights when he fights at 154 on fight night.....so hes tied to 147 and 154....its not that hard for those 140lbs to realistically come up to 147....its not out of the question......trout is out the window.....GGG, lara, and martinez are viable.....but really...GGG has nothing on his resume to suggest he should get the payday or the fight....hes simply wishful thinking by those tantalized to see it....martinez would get beat....lara would be interesting...but has no fan base......

Comment

I maintain Lara or Martinez would easily give him the most trouble. People just keep picking pressure fighters to face him and it just doesn't work.

Martinez would be the only man I would bet on against Floyd from 140-160 (would pick Floyd at 154)

Comment

I'd rather see him fight Erik Morales in a farewell fight for Morales, that's how bad this Khan fight is, i'd rather see Morales get a paycheck. Heck he's done just about as much as Khan to earn the fight, which is nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    And why in the hell would he fight Trout who is 0-2 in his last 2 fights and bring nothing to the table???and Lara???if he can't get any big fights at 154 why can't he go to 160(which would just be his 2nd weight class) and fight GGG or Martinez?
                    I don't think Lara is the biggest JMW, he fought at 147 in the ams.

Comment

Working...
                    X