Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Ray Leonard not considered the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cause the ATG wouldn't have lost to Duran, Hearns, Marvin ***ler.

Comment

Originally posted by PBF_GOAT View Post
      All the greatest fighters in history lost. Ali to Spinks. Who do you consider better all time, Spinks or Duran?

Argument = invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        Continue on with so on. That's about where the list ends of fighters ahead of Ray. Henry Armstrong also but Ray is in the top 10 of all time.
        Joe Gans

Ruberto Duran

Jack Johnson

Harry Greb

Jack Dempsey

Maybe Rocky Marciano

And maybe Jimmy Wilde

Comment

The ATG lost to far worst. BTW, he never lost to Hearns or Hagler. Two fighters that are in the top 50 of all time. The only reason ray lost to Duran in the first fight was being simply unprepared. Ray in his prime was as good as it gets.

Comment

Leonard only lost to Duran out of your list and he avenged his loss with wide UD's and making Duran quit

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Joe Gans

Ruberto Duran

Jack Johnson

Harry Greb

Jack Dempsey

Maybe Rocky Marciano

And maybe Jimmy Wilde
              It's too time consuming to debate these things and it's all a matter of opinion but of those guys I might consider Greb the only one higher than him. Your first list is good but I wouldn't add too many more. IMO, Ray is top 10. Talent wise he's much higher also. Arguably the most talented fighter to ever lace em up.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
                Leonard only lost to Duran out of your list and he avenged his loss with wide UD's and making Duran quit
                Leonard lost to duran and in their second fight Duran only quit because he had an upset stomach.. He admitted that he lost the second Hearns fights.He got a gift decision against Hagler. Leonard admitted that he threw flurries at the end of each round to fool the judges into giving him the decision

Comment

Ray Leonard finished his career off in 89-91 (not counting his comeback in the later 90's) and at that time Gerald McClellan was still a prospect......barley
                  Mike McCallum you fawkin' n00b.

Comment

His speed, skills and combinations were mesmerizing, I know what you on about, he was amazing but still he just can't edge Robinson out for me.

Comment

That is a nice list but Ray Leonards talents in the ring are unseen nowadays. Still think Ray smokes Mayweather and Pacquiao respectively.
                      I honestly feel and have always felt that Floyd beats Ray Leonard pretty decisively.

Comment

Working...
                      X