Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Chad Dawson taking a risk fighting in Montreal ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megamasterking View Post
    Many boxers were robbed in Las Vegas, Castillo in his first fight against Floyd, Pirog was lucky to have KO'd Jacobs, i went to Las Vegas and it's far from Montreal... Montreal is good place to boxe, one robbery in Montreal and boxing would be dead in our town, no major boxer would come here anymore, in Las Vegas they just don't have the choice to go back...
    This notion that Castillo was robbed in the first fight needs to stop.

Close fight, simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
      This notion that Castillo was robbed in the first fight needs to stop.

Close fight, simple as.
      Notion? Take a look :Landed Power punches Castillo 173 / Floyd 66

Landed punches: Castillo 203 / Floyd 157 add to this the fact that Castillo was the agressor, it's a sure win for Castillo, in simple term he got robbed.

Comment

Landed punches: Castillo 203 / Floyd 157 add to this the fact that Castillo was the agressor, it's a sure win for Castillo, in simple term he got robbed.
        For one, Compoubox shouldn't be taken seriously.

Secondly, fights are scored on a round by round basis, not "Let's look at Compubox numbers and see who won."

Mayweather took the first 4-5 rounds pretty clearly, and there were a few pretty close rounds over the second half of the fight. Scoring the fight for Mayweather is not out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Artiau View Post
          Pascal will probably surprise us

and rightfully will win on cards unlike if he fought elsewhere.
          You probably think that Leonard got robbed against Duran in their first fight in Montreal... If Pascal is agressor and land more punches he will win, Montreal is not Las Vegas...

Comment

Originally posted by Artiau View Post
            The Jo jo Dan fight was an absolute 1 sided fight and ...

They give that Turkish prick Aydin the flag, they only interview him BEFORE the scores are announced, you could smell robbery.
            Damn I forgot about that...Aside from the knockdown that was pretty lopsided. And I'm sure Collazo would have gotten the same treatment. But then again the difference between Aydin and Pascal is that Pascal isn't some overhyped piece of trash whose getting built up to be something he certainly isn't like Aydin is. He isn't even the real star of the show. If Dawson clearly takes 8 rounds, the worst I can see happening is a split decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Heeb 13 View Post
              Yes he is. I hope he doesn't get robbed.
              Well then he better talk to Gary Shaw about increasing his fan base at home. The guy can't even sell 1000 tickets in Conneticut. There talking about making Montreal his home away from home but the guy can barely be understood when he speaks English even Tarver picked that up.

Comment

Sure, but he also gave away the first four rounds, along with three late rounds. I don't care if he landed 400 punches. Doesn't change that fact.

Comment

its always an extra risk fighting in a fighter's hometown, no matter what the location.

but...this is Pascal were talking about.

...I had Castillo beating Mayweather in a close fight too btw

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                    its always an extra risk fighting in a fighter's hometown, no matter what the location.

but...this is Pascal were talking about.

...I had Castillo beating Mayweather in a close fight too btw
                    I had Castillo winning as well, but it was a close fight as you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                      For one, Compoubox shouldn't be taken seriously.

Secondly, fights are scored on a round by round basis, not "Let's look at Compubox numbers and see who won."

Mayweather took the first 4-5 rounds pretty clearly, and there were a few pretty close rounds over the second half of the fight. Scoring the fight for Mayweather is not out of the question.
                      Ive been boxing for 30 years, i saw the fight many times, i even tried to give the fight to Floyd and just coulnd't, in that fight Castillo won and it's not even close, Floyd's team thought that Castillo was a easy target, they were wrong, he was harder to hit and was hitting Floyd harder, Floyd was surprised and lost control of that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X