Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very interesting article. Not only do we have problems with the judging and the promoters but PEDs as well. Hopefully this sport will come around but it'll prob just get worse because of $$$ and protecting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      There's a very significant difference between supplements and PEDs. Protein shakes and creatine won't make you put on 28lbs of lean muscle in two months like Tim Montgomery did with anabolic steroids.

The major issue with testing is that if it's left in the hands of the sports themselves, it will never happen. A high profile drugs scandal costs money, and it is very easy to see how administrators can rationalise their way out of making a scandal public.

The reality is that it takes government involvement with stringent legal penalities for deliberate and organised breaches of regulations.

In terms of what's clean and what's not, well that's the easy bit. You simply publish a list of what's acceptable. If it's not on the list, you can't take it. If you think something should be on the list, then you apply for it to be put there.

If athletes and coaches know they could face huge fines or prison time for taking stuff that's not on the list, you'll generate a culture of respect for anti-doping measures very quickly.

It's important to distinguish between reluctance to deal with this issue and the actual difficulty of doing it. Sure there are a lot or challenges, but the biggest obstacle is the organizing bodies within the sports themselves being reluctant to act. If they are compelled to act, you remove that problem.

If on the other hand we wait for Bob Arum and his ilk to lead us into the promised land, we may be setting ourselves up for disappointment.
      I respect what you are saying but it is so hard to implement in the sport of boxing which has no universal body so rules vary in different countries.

And that doping and it's many forms are extremely hard to catch effectively without 365 days a year testing, and people will continually keep trying to beat the system. So while you might catch a dozen or so dopers people will just slip through the system.

I know supplements and PED's a very different, but how do we define what is right to use in sports and what isn't if someone takes supplements effectively and someone else doesn't at all the supplemented person still has an athletic advantage in a sport where inches and the tiniest percentage matter.

The quickest and easiest way to level the playing field would be to legalise PED's. The moral and historical argument of whether PED's are fair (especially to athletes from the past who's achievements will be lessened) is a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
        Read my top post, I completely agree with you.

But there is a point both of us have ignored and it's the fact that boxing is a contact sport and quite a vicious one at that. PED's essentially give boxers a better means to beat someone's head in.

Ofcourse if everyone has access to PED's it could mean that everyone is going to take more damage, but if a select few have taken PED's it is unfair on those who have to take the punishment from a guy who has an unfair advantage.

I guess it's catch 22, which is why PED's in combat sports is a different issue in cycling, running etc.
        as a boxer, working out really hard and training really hard = giving a boxer better means to beat someone's head in.

you're only looking at it from one perspective. a boxer taking peds can also give boxers a better mean for not getting their head beat in.

there's inherent risk in everything you do. peds or not, combat sports = people getting hurt.

read this thread and all the posts in it:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=563165

Comment

• If true this puts light on why Floyd refuses to fight anywhere other than Vegas.

Comment

• Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
            If you look at the date closely and put the pieces together, there are too much coincidence to treat this as merely a rumor.
            What's the deal with the dates? Am I missing something here?

Comment

• So is this yet more proof that between african americans, mexicans, and puerto ricans, the latter are the cleanest guys in this sport?

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                in the end,

people who think they have the moral authority on what's right is wrong.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH USING PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUG.

Denying ped use is denying the next step in human evolution.

50-100 years from now, ped use will be as regular as taking vitamin c.

People use performance enhancing in all aspects of life yet somehow when athletes use them it becomes morally wrong?

The public has been brainwashed into thinking ped use is evil when in reality its human progress.
                PEDs is unfair. if you want sports to be fair, everyone has to have access to the same PEDs. For example someone like roidweather can't use super-PEDs while his competitors only get regular cheap PEDs.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  Who gives a flying fuk about the past? Pac is willing to take the tests. So if you are going by the Past, then Floyd has to accept 50-50 now which he has not. Only fools would think that both Prima Donna's have not played a part in the fight not being made.
                  You missed the point....I believe that Manny is posturing about even accepting randomized testing.Sure, he SAYS he is willing,but only because he hasn't been pressured to do this form of testing.What happened to him agreeing to testing when he wanted Mosely to test? What happened to VADA testing him when they volunteered to test both him and Bradley...he never submitted to randomized testing even though he says he would.

As for the fight being made-both Manny and Floyd make more money NOT fighting one another because they can get the lion's share of the purse and low ball their opponents.If they fought one another,they would have to achieve staggering ppv numbers to break their own recent figures...we are talking somewhere in the 3.8 million ppvs just to make more when they split the purse (even at 55-45-which I doubt Manny will accept,because he had once also said he would take a smaller percentage and then he backed down from that statement and requested 50-50)...in an age of streaming,this is going to be next to impossible to achieve these numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                    as a boxer, working out really hard and training really hard = giving a boxer better means to beat someone's head in.

you're only looking at it from one perspective. a boxer taking peds can also give boxers a better mean for not getting their head beat in.

there's inherent risk in everything you do. peds or not, combat sports = people getting hurt.

read this thread and all the posts in it:

There is an inherent risk yes, but increasing that risk is the right thing to do? I think legalising PED's is the way to go if you really want a level playing field.

But it's not just as easy as that, you need to consider the health risks in taking PED's alone such as increased risk of cancer, EPO increasing frequency of heart attacks. Hell even roid rage in the ring.

I'm playing devil's advocate but all of these things must be taken into account when you consider the issue of legalising PED's

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      PEDs is unfair. if you want sports to be fair, everyone has to have access to the same PEDs. For example someone like roidweather can't use super-PEDs while his competitors only get regular cheap PEDs.
                      peds being illegal is unfair.

peds being legalized is fair.

think. use your brain.

Lets not restrict the discussion to steroids. Anabolic and cortico steroids are 1950's tech.

Primatene: performance enhancer.
                      Baking Soda: performance enhancer.
                      Creatine: performance enhancer. (That you everyone except Arian Foster gets just by eating meat.)
                      Caffeine: performance enhancer.
                      Cocaine: performance enhancer.
                      Vicodin: performance enhancer.
                      Tylenol with Codeine: performance enhancer.
                      Aspirin: performance enhancer.

Every time an athlete gets a pain shot or an anti-inflammatory shot before taking the field, that's an example of using performance enhancing drugs.

In addition, there are drugs out there that you and I don't know about because we're not part of that culture. Every strength and conditioning coach in the world is out there scouring all the latest studies looking for a hint of some supplement or drug that boosts performance that's not banned or illegal.

I think it's a shame that steroids have gotten the rep they have. I think steroids, when used correctly, could lengthen a lot of athletes careers, keep them healthier for longer, and reduce the number of injuries. In my sport, you can't sniff the podium without steroids in any of the major federations. Drug-tested feds have declined in importance and non-drug tested federations put up the big numbers and have the bigger draws. I only lift in drug tested feds because I'm a law-abiding citizen who doesn't do steroids. If steroids were legal, I would seriously consider taking them.

Athletes already take peds. peds that are allowed by their governing bodies without medical backing.

Comment

Working...
                      X