No announcement yet.

Question about bad judging

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about bad judging

Do you guys only care about a judge's bad decision and feel action is warranted if the decision of the fight overall is affected?
    It appears that as long as the right man win, they really don't care what one judge scores the bout.
    Why is this?

How i see it, as long as the guy who won the fight gets the nod, everything else doesnt really matter. Im watching the fight to see two guys go at it, i really dont care what some yahoo sitting by the ring thinks. As long as the right guy gets the nod, its all good for me.

But with that said, bad judging is unacceptable, and usually the guy who didnt win the fight gets the nod. I can see disagreeing with them on a point or two, but with some of these scores one has to wonder if they even have eyeballs.

Comment

The main idea is that the right guy wins, but I still get angered when I see bad scorecards, even if they go to the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
        How i see it, as long as the guy who won the fight gets the nod, everything else doesnt really matter. Im watching the fight to see two guys go at it, i really dont care what some yahoo sitting by the ring thinks. As long as the right guy gets the nod, its all good for me.

But with that said, bad judging is unacceptable, and usually the guy who didnt win the fight gets the nod. I can see disagreeing with them on a point or two, but with some of these scores one has to wonder if they even have eyeballs.
        Don't you think the guy who judged horribly should be disciplined somehow regardless of the decision? Why should we wait until two of them judge on the same card and then the somebody gets a loss that'll stick on their record?
        IMO, I have no problem with a judge being a round or maybe 2 off if it's a close fight.... but something is seriously wrong if a judge scores it wide compared to the others.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Don't you think the guy who judged horribly should be disciplined somehow regardless of the decision? Why should we wait until two of them judge on the same card and then the somebody gets a loss that'll stick on their record?
          IMO, I have no problem with a judge being a round or maybe 2 off if it's a close fight.... but something is seriously wrong if a judge scores it wide compared to the others.
          I agree. I tried thinking of a solution, but havent been able to come up with much. The best i can think of is having the three judges being subject to a greater judging pannel, hundreds of people compromised of both judges and boxing enthusiasts/journalists/etc. If a fight is called into question, it goes to this pannel for judgment. Its way to easy for three goons to fuk it all up, or be corrupt, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X