Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's stock just went through the roof!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Hard to put Pacquiao above Mayweather in legacy rankings at this point. Pacquiao's two prior fights hurt but last night was a doozy.
    I think Pac's overall resume is still better than Floyd's. Manny has beaten JMM twice before, knocking him down on 4 separate occasions. He has stopped two other Mexican legends, who are both far better names than anyone on Floyd's resume. That is the plain truth. What this loss changed is Pac's overall standing, top 25 still but where exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
      I think Pac's overall resume is still better than Floyd's. Manny has beaten JMM twice before, knocking him down on 4 separate occasions. He has stopped two other Mexican legends, who are both far better names than anyone on Floyd's resume. That is the plain truth. What this loss changed is Pac's overall standing, top 25 still but where exactly?
      If those two wins over Marquez were decisive then you would have a point. They were nothing remotely close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        If those two wins over Marquez were decisive then you would have a point. They were nothing remotely close to that.
        And he lost the 3rd one.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          And he lost the 3rd one.
          And then planked on the canvas in the fourth one. Pacquiao's legacy came crashing back to earth over the past year.

Comment

I have Marquez ahead of Mayweather, especially since he's the one who knocked Pac out and Floyd avoided the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
              Triangle logic. Manny posed a threat with being able to quickly dart out that left.

Ray loses to Duran, Ray KO's Hearns, Hearns flattens Duran.

You HAVE to attest for styles and attributes in boxing. It's all about the match-ups.
              True, triangle logic doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. In this case, Flyd showed he was a much better technical fighter than Marquez. He would have easily handled Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                I have Marquez ahead of Mayweather, especially since he's the one who knocked Pac out and Floyd avoided the fight.
                Let me ask you how does a win over a fighter who wasn't in the top 5 put Marquez at #1? When you get a chance, explain that to everyone?

Or do boxers just jump up spots like playing hopscotch on your list?

Comment

Originally posted by FkDaHtrs View Post
                  I've said it all along, if Floyd could shut out JMM, he is on a whole different level than Manny. But, Manny is more exciting and not such a kunt.
                  I can respect that. I just can't stand the propaganda boys trying to wash people's minds and make stuff up, sugar coat things, probably thinking they're smart in the process...

Comment

Ugh, there are going to be a lot of threads like this.

I guess its all Mayweather trolls have, since its not like Mayweather's ever knocked an ATG out in 6 rounds. Have to piggyback on another great fighter's win.

Comment

Mayweather and Manny just lost the biggest payday of their careers.

Comment

Working...
                      X