No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye Talks Vitali in 2013, British License, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Haye Talks Vitali in 2013, British License, More

Heavyweight contender David 'The Hayemaker' Haye today confirmed he has handed back his Luxembourg boxing license, but will still try to force a fight with WBC world heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko in 2013.

“I'd like to thank the Luxembourg Boxing Federation for licensing me ahead of my July bout with Dereck Chisora in London, but I no longer require that license,” said Haye, the former WBA world heavyweight champion. [Click Here To Read More]

Vitali is well behind in the opinion polls, so this'll likely happen.

Comment

I wanna see Haye/Vitali if the last Haye we saw shows up and Vitali is healthy and injury-free.

Comment

ill get excited for a vitali vs haye fight. can be a very competive scrap.

Comment

Haye "threatening" to give us all a good fight ....again... maybe it's the only way he can keep himself in the public eye.

He will be defined by the W.Klitschko and Audley Harrison fights, as well as the amount of rabbit punches and other fouls he committed against John Ruiz. Not to forget his over-loose lips.

For me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            Haye "threatening" to give us all a good fight ....again... maybe it's the only way he can keep himself in the public eye.

He will be defined by the W.Klitschko and Audley Harrison fights, as well as the amount of rabbit punches and other fouls he committed against John Ruiz. Not to forget his over-loose lips.

For me anyway.
            yes "for you anyway" but for many others he has had a solid career. i'm not a haye fan but he has accomplished quite a bit in the sport. just because he doesn't want to take punches until he is 40 doesn't mean he hasn't had a good career. he is not hall of fame worthy but he has done well. he could spend the next 10 years fighting stiffs like sosnowski & charr but that won't get him to the hall of fame so why keep fighting if not at the top level? money would be the only reason. that's exactly why vitali came out of retirement. $$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Has his toe healed up now?

I thought he said he could easily beat Wladimir if only he had a 100% small toe. Doesnt he want to avenge that loss? Why is he conveniently chasing 42 year old vitali after Vitali has looked old and slow his last two fights? What about avenging that 12 round shutout loss and proving youre the best? I guess 37 year olds are too young to fight.

Comment

Half empty stadium? lmfao Haye is steady trolling.

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                For me anyway.
                True. Those are the only fights people will remember Haye . The Brits will remember him for his wins in the loserweight division against Mormeck and Macarinelli. Macarinelli who got viciously KOed by the beast Ola Afolabi two fights after and has been getting run over by everyone he faces. Mormeck had his fate sealed by little brother. The Brits will celebrate Haye as a legend lol, just like they do to all their fighters.

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                yes "for you anyway" but for many others he has had a solid career. i'm not a haye fan but he has accomplished quite a bit in the sport. just because he doesn't want to take punches until he is 40 doesn't mean he hasn't had a good career. he is not hall of fame worthy but he has done well. he could spend the next 10 years fighting stiffs like sosnowski & charr but that won't get him to the hall of fame so why keep fighting if not at the top level? money would be the only reason. that's exactly why vitali came out of retirement. $$$$$$$$$$$$
                Haye is not doing this for legacy. He's doing this for money, and he seems like he's in a lot of financial trouble. The only reason Haye moved up is because of the money. The money is in the HW division. They say it's dead but how can it be dead when the brothers are raking in $20 M paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  Haye is a pretty lame two division champ and it befuddles me how anyone can take the clown seriously. But yet again his fans will listen to all the BS he spews and look at his goofy t-shirts and then throw many at him come fight night. Wait, but it will only be fight night if he can get an aging almost 42 year fighter who is way past his prime, that also has one foot in retirement into the ring. Because other then that fight Haye ain't interested in fighting anyone. And in my opinion it is just another circus act in the fraudulent career of that of the "Noisemaker." Hell if Haye did half as much as he has talked about he would already be a shoo in up in Canastota.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                    Haye is a pretty lame two division champ and it befuddles me how anyone can take the clown seriously. But yet again his fans will listen to all the BS he spews and look at his goofy t-shirts and then throw many at him come fight night. Wait, but it will only be fight night if he can get an aging almost 42 year fighter who is way past his prime, that also has one foot in retirement into the ring. Because other then that fight Haye ain't interested in fighting anyone. And in my opinion it is just another circus act in the fraudulent career of that of the "Noisemaker." Hell if Haye did half as much as he has talked about he would already be a shoo in up in Canastota.
                    Everyone will probably remember what Boente said. Boente, Vitali's manager said "the winner of Haye v Chisora will fight Vitali".

"We offered Haye the fight September but he chose to fight Chisora instead because that was easier for him," Boente said. "David probably turned Vitali down because he got more money against Chisora, who is by far the easier opponent.
                    "We had a contract ready for Haye, had booked an arena, but he turned us down for a second time - the first time he chose to face Nikolay Valuev instead.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/s...JAwL6EQlZZw.99

Comment

Working...
                    X