• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SalSanchez View Post
    Mayweather took it away from Oscar.
    this is very true and not even debatable

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Money View Post
      hahahhahaha

there's always an excuse for dela hoyals losses.
      always....always

Comment

• Originally posted by Championart View Post
        Easy Work, what were you using to determine the punch stats per round for this fight?
        Round by round stats online...

Comment

• Originally posted by razor.thin View Post
          there's no may about it. prime oscar whoops frauds ass.

Comment

• Honestly I think Oscar is a little more shady than we give him credit for. Personally, I think DLH wanted to lose the first fight so he and Floyd would make a rematch that Oscar would really try to win and then have a rubber match for the trilogy. GBP promoting each fight would have fattened up Oscars bank account big time.

His plans were thrown out the window when Floyd gave him "the bird" on the rematch and took the win and ran.

Comment

• Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
              Honestly I think Oscar is a little more shady than we give him credit for. Personally, I think DLH wanted to lose the first fight so he and Floyd would make a rematch that Oscar would really try to win and then have a rubber match for the trilogy. GBP promoting each fight would have fattened up Oscars bank account big time.

His plans were thrown out the window when Floyd gave him "the bird" on the rematch and took the win and ran.

Defo, i reckon Oscar lost his fight with Pacquiao deliberately too so he could get a rematch and earn some more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuppie View Post
                Defo, i reckon Oscar lost his fight with Pacquiao deliberately too so he could get a rematch and earn some more money.
                Nah, Oscar wanted to beat Pacquiao so he could gain leverage on a possible Mayweather Jr. fight. He just underestimated Pac and got beat.

Oscar gave Floyd one thing he dislikes and that is a disadvantage in the power category. It was Oscar's power that kept Floyd from fighting Oscar again. Even though PBF ran circles around him in the ring, one left hand in the right place by Oscar could have had Mayweather in big trouble. If Oscar had beat Floyd by a narrow margin in their fight I think DLH would have given Floyd a rematch.(Wasn't the first fight the biggest Pay Per view event in history?) But the self proclaimed best fighter in history was nervous about giving a slow old Oscar a rematch when he won?

Anyway, it saved everyone from seeing another boring DLH vs. Mayweather jr. fight so it all turned out well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                  I find this funny that whenever someone speaks on the Mayweather-De La Hoya fight they always revert back to the token....."Oscar would have won if he kep throwing the jab AFTER the 6th round"..........well boys & girls I am here to end all of that madness and lame message board rhetoric

Surprisingly, Floyd had the edge in jabs landed 69-40, throwing 240 to Oscar’s 246.

Oscar landed just 4 of 77 jabs in rounds 10-12, after landing 31 out of 124 jabs in rounds 6-9.....lol

Lets to the math....124+77= 201.....so after the 6th round...Oscar threw 201 Jabs.....he threw 45 jabs in the first 5 rounds......

So TRUTH BE TOLD Oscar actually threw MORE Jabs after the 6th round than he did before the 6th round....lol...

Thats all folks!

Punch stats don't tell the full story.

Was Oscar throwing the same type of jab in the 2nd half of the fight as the first half? NO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    Punch stats don't tell the full story.

Was Oscar throwing the same type of jab in the 2nd half of the fight as the first half? NO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post

Like I thought .... you have no comment! try again!

You just brought out numbers but that is all they are .... numbers.

How is this. If you believe in numbers then you must conclude that Castillo beat Floyd handily, right?

Like you said, numbers don't lie .... just look at the power punches landed ... clear win for Castillo, hey?

Castillo vs Floyd

Total punches
                      Landed
                      203 vs 157

Thrown
                      506 vs 448

Pct%
                      40% vs 35%

-------------------------------------------

Total Power Punches
                      Landed
                      173 vs 66