Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I noticed alot of boxers arnt transferring weight from foot to foot..........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed alot of boxers arnt transferring weight from foot to foot..........

........how much does this reduce the power of a punch?

Does it like take 30 % off it? Less more?

Weight is meant to start on one foot and then land on the other. But I see guys throwing the right cross with the weight starting on the left foot and staying on the left foot. I also see the same with the left hook and uppercuts.

Just how important is weight transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      xD

lololokl

Comment

Because fundamentals aren't everything, If they were Linares would be the greatest fighter ever.

Look at Kell Brooks right hand. He throws it all wrong yet it is one of the more effective punches in boxing right now. Nassem Hamed hit harder P4P than anyone and never did anything by the book.

And Also just because you need to step and plant your feet to transfer weight doesn't mean they have to. A subtle bending of the Knee or upper-body shift can be all it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          ........how much does this reduce the power of a punch?

Does it like take 30 % off it? Less more?

Weight is meant to start on one foot and then land on the other. But I see guys throwing the right cross with the weight starting on the left foot and staying on the left foot. I also see the same with the left hook and uppercuts.

Just how important is weight transfer?
          Well if you noticed it then it must be true!! Tell me again in depth how a left hook and left uppercut uses the right foot

Comment

Everyone is different.
            most fighters are overated

Comment

Lets hear abut how the superman punch in boxing again

Comment

Working...
              X