Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the market for bag gloves, any recommendations fellas?

I'm considering these since Ringside currently has a 30% off any item deal going on.

http://www.ringside.com/ringside/rin...oves-8067.html

Comment

• anybody know some cool boxing tshirt companies? my friend told me of feint boxing but they dont ship to uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloody_Knuckles View Post
        Im heavily considering getting 16 oz training gloves with velcro cleto reyes im looking for a snug glove that packs a punch I think this fits the description is there anyone that bought these and can tell me if there worth 170$? Thanks

You will find better deals on ebay!

Comment

• Lonsdale Xcores

So I have had the Lonsdale Xcore lace-ups for around 6 months, and I am already punching through the foam, and I am not allowed to wear them for sparring anymore. What gloves do you guys recommend for heavy handed ammies?

Comment

• Hi,

In my university, there is a boxing club that participates in the NCAA. At the beginning of each year, they select students not based on how athletic they are, but based on how close they are to be a boxer.

Now that we are starting summer, I thought of starting to prepare for the selection at the beginning of school year.

However, I do not know what kinds of exercises I should focus on. I am thinking of running, push ups, rope jumping, set ups, and maybe do some weightlifting.

I though I should hear more from people who have been doing it for years.

Thanks,

Abdul

Comment

• i live in Canada so i think Rival will be the best for me so i won't have to worry about custom duties and shipping costs. I have been boxing for around 2 months and the glove i have right now are worth around 30$ and are pretty bad. I have sparred a few times with the gloves in my gyms because my glove doesn't really have any padding. However, I want to get my own pair of glove for the future. My coach recommended me to get sparring gloves over bag gloves because I can only afford 1 glove right now. I was deciding between the RS2V and the RS11V. Have you guys tried both and what are the pros and cons of these gloves? Which one is better? Also I was also wondering if it was bad to use these sparring gloves on the heavy bag and hand pads as i have heard many people say it may mess up the padding of the gloves. I can only afford a pair of gloves at the moment so should i invest my money in Sparring, training, or bag gloves? I am also opened to other glove suggestions as long as it's not over $150.

Comment

• Originally posted by evansc View Post
                i live in Canada so i think Rival will be the best for me so i won't have to worry about custom duties and shipping costs. I have been boxing for around 2 months and the glove i have right now are worth around 30$ and are pretty bad. I have sparred a few times with the gloves in my gyms because my glove doesn't really have any padding. However, I want to get my own pair of glove for the future. My coach recommended me to get sparring gloves over bag gloves because I can only afford 1 glove right now. I was deciding between the RS2V and the RS11V. Have you guys tried both and what are the pros and cons of these gloves? Which one is better? Also I was also wondering if it was bad to use these sparring gloves on the heavy bag and hand pads as i have heard many people say it may mess up the padding of the gloves. I can only afford a pair of gloves at the moment so should i invest my money in Sparring, training, or bag gloves? I am also opened to other glove suggestions as long as it's not over $150.

I haven't heard to many people who have used rival gloves in my area so i cant give any word to how they feel an there durability. I personally use Reyes bag gloves an sparring gloves(a pair of each) an they have to be the best gloves i have ever used. The training gloves are a good mix between the bag an sparring gloves the best of both worlds, they do put out a little more force than other gloves i have used but thats just due to the way they are made.a punchers glove but in the hands of a seasoned fighter a master boxers glove too, in this sport u need to invest in equipment that will last. I recommend Reyes gloves, but if they are a bit of our your range then i also would go with the higher end everlast gloves like protex 3 lace ups or the mx gloves. Hope you you find the right fit!

Comment

• Anyone know where I can find short, slitted boxing trunks that aren't custom made?

Shorter than the standard Title/ringside/everlast above-knee trunks (which touch the top of the knee and are big and baggy), but longer than Muay thai trunks (which look like panties)?

Like Canelo wears, but of course his are custom:

Last edited by Fr3$h; 06-23-2014, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• speed bag set up

What can i use in place of a swivel on a speed bag?

Comment

• Originally posted by alohaxchange View Post
                      So I have had the Lonsdale Xcore lace-ups for around 6 months, and I am already punching through the foam, and I am not allowed to wear them for sparring anymore. What gloves do you guys recommend for heavy handed ammies?

This is exactly why I do not recommend injected foam padded gloves. They break apart on the inside knuckle compartment. I prefer layer foam or gel padded gloves. The last longer but do feel a little heavier.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble who brags about Grant gloves. I have professional Grant fight gloves, sparring glove and bag gloves and while doing a review on them, I noticed the made in "Pakistan" label on the inside of the gloves. It really passed off. Since Elvis Grant and everyone else says they are 100% made in Mexico. The Grant gloves I have I bought them through Ringside so I'm sure they came from Grant. About they quality I have them for years now and they're still in good shape. Love the wrist support but they do feel a little heavier than other makes. I love their design and logo although the design is copied from the Reyes gloves.

What I recommend anyone who has leather gloves is to run some vaseline on them every once in a while. This will keep the leather from becoming brittle too soon and let them air dry after every use.

Comment

Working...
                      X