Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Trashes Garcia's Opposition: Nothing 'Swift' About It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vargas was a low level tune up fight Garcia looked good against him.Some of my keys for Thurman to beat Garcia
    1.Lateral movement
    2.Effective jab
    3.Straight right hand
    4.Counter punching

Comment

Please kick Gift Garcia's ass

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
        Vargas was a low level tune up fight Garcia looked good against him.Some of my keys for Thurman to beat Garcia
        1.Lateral movement
        2.Effective jab
        3.Straight right hand
        4.Counter punching
        Keys for Danny 1. smart pressure 2. target the body early and often 3. Timing 4. Counter punching

Comment

Danny Garcia definitely has a better resume than Keith Thurman no doubt they both have flaws. Danny has those 2 questionable wins over Herrera and Peterson and he struggled against the ghost who got beat by a cab driver lol Thurman almost got ended by Collazo although he ultimately won by tko should be entertaining while it lasts. I give a slight edge to Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
            Keys for Danny 1. smart pressure 2. target the body early and often 3. Timing 4. Counter punching
            My keys for Garcia would have been the things you listed

Comment

Just don't bang out again Thurman and get whip lash and postpone fight

Comment

Swift handled his business and he looked pretty fundamentally sound, which seems oxymoronic. I see him serving onetime up with that hook lights out.
                War Swift!

Comment

Those wide shots have a lot of timing in them. Danny goes to the body early and then goes over the top. gives the impression that he is going to the body then goes wide on the top

Comment

1.Lateral movement
                    2.Effective jab
                    3.Straight right hand
                    4.Counter punching
                    Styles make fights. Porter is much more athletic than Garcia and was able to get in Thurman's face but then wasn't able to much - he slapped more than do effective work.

This should be an easy fight fo rThurman. He just needs to win the first 6 rounds say 4-2 or preferably 5-1 by stick and move and lateral movement like Peterson and Khan. I'm assuming Thurman has a tougher chin than Khan, I mean, could it be the same or worse?

Garcia would be forced to rush in to either win rounds or go for a tko/ko. Doing so will mean his offence is less effective and also leaves himself open to precision counters that Thurman showed against Porter.

Comment

1.Lateral movement
                      2.Effective jab
                      3.Straight right hand
                      4.Counter punching
                      ... 5. Don't stay at mid range...

Comment

Working...
                      X