Eddie Chambers UK based now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Chambers UK based now?

Why is that?

He's fighting over here now and commentating on boxnation, good guy and pretty good commentator but has he relocated here? Seems odd though because there's plenty of former/current boxers who can commentate. Is it because of the Fury sparring?

He called Peter Fury and asked if he could train with Team Fury. Peter liked him as a person and a fighter from seeing him spar with Hughie and Tyson.

Chambers needed to get his career back on track after being on a crazy diet to make weight for cruiser. Peter has built him back up to HW. He's looking in great shape and he looks to be fighting a different way now. Certainly throwing a lot more shots per round.

Comment

He's an excellent commentator IMHO, puts all the Brits to shame.

Comment

Originally posted by louisg View Post
        He called Peter Fury and asked if he could train with Team Fury. Peter liked him as a person and a fighter from seeing him spar with Hughie and Tyson.

Chambers needed to get his career back on track after being on a crazy diet to make weight for cruiser. Peter has built him back up to HW. He's looking in great shape and he looks to be fighting a different way now. Certainly throwing a lot more shots per round.
        He is in the best shape i ever seen him in. Going to CW was dumb. Dropping down from the bigger divisions doesn't make them better. The shots come in much faster & they get hit easier. I've seen it 3 times now. Roy jones was never the same after the ruiz fight, chris byrd & eddie chambers. None had mire success after dropping down from HW. I'd add toney but he was old. Good move by eddie to move back up & sign with fury.

Comment

I applaud Eddie Chambers; he seems to have reinvented himself in working as Fury's chief sparring partner, the commentating gigs in the UK and getting in the occational fight

Comment

Seems to be good money in going elsewhere too towards the end of a career. How many heavyweights have we seen that are a bit past it fighting in Germany/Russia now? Guys like Oliver McCall and Danny Williams. Chambers still has some skills tho.

Comment

The money for Cruiser Weights has been in Europe for a very long time now, so basing himself in an English speaking country is good for him to build a name in Europe.

Comment

He found an audience and sticking with it.
                Good for him.. they like him over there

Comment

Working...
                X