No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Luis Castillo: Canelo Can Defeat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    People have been pulling excuses for Floyd on that fight since before it even happened.

Facts:

1. Floyd did not want to fight Castillo, he was forced to and it started the collapse with Arum. Even Floyd's trainer is on record stating they did not like the matchup and did not want the fight.

2. What was Floyd's injury? Because he only became injured after people ringside started saying he should've lost that fight..how convenient.

3. Saying what happened in the second fight somehow nulls out any debate about the first fight is complete and utter noob logic. Castillo was never the same fighter mentally after he felt he was robbed in that fight. He isn't the first of last fighter to completely never recoup from taking a controversial loss.

Now as a fan of the sport, I have seen that first fight over and over again. Only truly blind fanboys can say that first fight was not debatable and had Mayweather been anyone else he in all likelihood would not have walked out of there with the win. Here is another interesting bit, the only other challenger to floyd with an unorthodox fight style that didn't give away reach advantage to Floyd was Paul Williams and because of that Floyd never fought Paul...interesting...now please give me an excuse as to why Floyd wouldn't fight Paul. I'll give you ten reasons why he refused to fight him.
    Please give me an excuse on why nobody in the WW division would fight Pwill. I hate when people act like the whole division didn't duck this dude, everybody missed him outside of Margs and Quintana

Comment

Score for 2nd fight were 115-113. Lol no domination

Comment

He got to cut him off but thats even harder now with his dad back as trainer

Comment

Dumb

This whole article is meaningless. It was 11 years ago and FMJ doesn't fight the same way. Whats the point? I'll give the 1st 3 rounds to Alvarez and then the real fight will begin.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            People have been pulling excuses for Floyd on that fight since before it even happened.

Facts:

1. Floyd did not want to fight Castillo, he was forced to and it started the collapse with Arum. Even Floyd's trainer is on record stating they did not like the matchup and did not want the fight.

2. What was Floyd's injury? Because he only became injured after people ringside started saying he should've lost that fight..how convenient.

3. Saying what happened in the second fight somehow nulls out any debate about the first fight is complete and utter noob logic. Castillo was never the same fighter mentally after he felt he was robbed in that fight. He isn't the first of last fighter to completely never recoup from taking a controversial loss.

Now as a fan of the sport, I have seen that first fight over and over again. Only truly blind fanboys can say that first fight was not debatable and had Mayweather been anyone else he in all likelihood would not have walked out of there with the win. Here is another interesting bit, the only other challenger to floyd with an unorthodox fight style that didn't give away reach advantage to Floyd was Paul Williams and because of that Floyd never fought Paul...interesting...now please give me an excuse as to why Floyd wouldn't fight Paul. I'll give you ten reasons why he refused to fight him.
            the facts are castillo gave floyd a tough fight but floyd still won the first fight gave JLC a rematch and beat him in that one too. Those are the facts.

Comment

Mayweathers daddy has spoken!

Comment

Canelo is going to have to be quick on his feet and cut off the ring and work the body as much as possible, even connecting with shoulders and arms will start to pay off after a while with his weight advantage. He's going to have to suck it up and take a lot of counters to do that though.

It's not his style to be so aggressive but it's going to have to be here, he needs to make floyd work and work hard (floyd has never shown issues with stamina but he's getting on now and 8 or 9 rounds of taking canelko style body blows will slow him right down. If canelo works it right floyd is going to be forced to start going toe to toe for the last few rounds.

Canelo needs to get a couple of the early rounds in the bank so floyd can't just stay on the back foot and will have to stand and fight a little. keep working that left hook to the body and start mixing it up in the later rounds, left hook body, left hoot head. And of course keep popping out that jab. Canelo has an underrated jab.

As for floyd, well floyd's just gotta be floyd, if he moves like he did against guerrro canelo is gonna have a hard time catching him.

Comment

The only thing that kept the Mayweather-Castillo I fight from being a CLEAR victory for Floyd was Mayweather's brittle hands.

Comment

i've never seen that fight , but interesting . I think the splilt decision win over ODH was interesting , showed me PBF could be beat . ODL was well past his prime and if he hadn't gassed out , he'd won a decision
                    Last edited by Gratide; 06-13-2013, 08:20 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

Originally posted by the secret View Post
                      Funny how some forget (Castillo himself) that Floyd went into the first Castillo fight with an injury. In the second fight between Floyd and Castillo, Floyd completely dominated Castillo. So if Castillo is referring to the injured Floyd then yes, Canelo can put pressure on Floyd. A healthy Floyd is too much for anyone. By the way, a lot of folks (myself included) felt Floyd beat Castillo the first time they met.
                      Floyd made the proper adjustment in the 2nd fight that's why he won, don't try to use the injury excuse for the 1st fight. In the 1st match many thought Castillo did enough to win, in the rematch Floyd already knew what to expect, so he train for it and came out on top this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X