Collapse
No announcement yet.

The UFC is killing boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC puts on great fights that the fans want to see. Boxing should follow suit.

How much do boxers that aren't Mayweather/Pac get paid?

Comment

• As a fan of both, why do these comparison wars come to play to determine which is better? For starters, the UFC isn't a sport, it's an organisation/promotion.

It does one thing Boxing can't, and that is making the best fight the best. Why? Because it is one company. Boxing will never be able to that successfully with so many corrupt figures involved.

However, Boxing will never die. I don't know why people come up with this shit.

I just don't see the problem in liking both. If you prefer one over the other, then that's cool, but don't flame each other. It's fucking childish behaviour.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        My point of the thread wasn't so much a UFC v Boxing thread, I just titled it as such so it got attention and was relevant to NSB. It is about the horrible exploitation of MMA fighters that is occurring in the monopoly that is UFC. Silva got "closer to $1 million"...that's not OK...that is a monopoly forcing their employees to play by their rules while the oligarchy reaps the rewards.

I know of another enterprise that takes all your money and your master rewards you based on your night's performance...it's called prostitution.

Dana White has the strongest pimp hand in sports. Arum and King are jealous.
        thats just your prospective. thats how it is with ALL companies.

and you have to look at it this way: is Silva making money cuz of UFC, or is the UFC making all that money cuz of Silva?

I gaurantee you that if Zuffa didn't come around, Silva would be making 15k per fight if he was lucky.

IMO there are only 2 en****** that are responsible for where the sport is today, the Gracies and Zuffa. Everyone else is just reaping the rewards of the hard work and smart decisions that they made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
          Not even close to being true. Not sure why the fan is so insinuated on the fighter's paydays. Dana White makes fights that the fans want to see, Bob Arum does not. I couldn't care less what a fighter makes.
          Like he did with silva-gsp...

But i agree, for the most part he is better at matching up the best. But dont get confused, he is a business man aswell.

Comment

Working...
          X