Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

school me on the light heavyweights.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidValenzuela View Post
    Charles and Walcott also fought twice.
    Charles and Walcott fought four times.

Comment

Continued from earlier..

Part 5.

matthew saad muhammed vs yaqui lopez 1980 foty

Comment

Ezzard Charles greatest hits

Bob Fosters greatest hits

Comment

ezzard was great.......

Comment

I recommend to watch the light-heavyweight era from the late 70s and early 80s.

Michael Spinks was the top LHW of them, but some of the others were very good as well.

Eddie Gregory (Mustafa Muhammad)
            Matthew Franklin (Saad Muhammad)
            Dwight Braxton (Muhammad Qawi)
            Marvin Johnson

Matthew Franklin-Marvin Johnson I is one of my top fights of all-time, the best ever that I've seen at 175 (even above Archie Moore-Yvon Durelle I), and their rematch was good and dramatic as well.

Saad Muhammad also had a classic rematch with Yaqui Lopez with an amazing 8th round.

Dwight Qawi had some brutal beatdowns of Saad Muhammad, and looked very good against Jerry Martin too. Qawi against Eddie Davis was an entertaining fight.

Michael Spinks's KO over Marvin Johnson is quite possibly the best uppercut I've ever seen thrown. His wins over Mustafa Muhammad and Qawi weren't the most fun to watch, but they show his versatility.

Eddie Gregory-Marvin Johnson is also worth watching. Eddie put on a great display of body punching, his left hooks to the body destroyed Marvin.

Comment

Working...
            X