No announcement yet.

Walters jab alone will beat any 126 pounder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walters jab alone will beat any 126 pounder

Lomachenko will find it very difficult to get by Walters jab. Walters breaks him down the same way he did donaire. That jabs keep snapping your head back over and over again. Walters destroys any fw... too big too strong.

donaire was thoroughly outboxing walters before getting clipped by the uppercut, he got overconfident and the entire fight changed drastically from that point on

Comment

You could see that Walters was heating up before the knockdown. Does jabs were like sledgehammer. Nonito hit him with his best punch and Walters went back to work as usual. He outboxed donaire from the outside as well as the inside.

Comment

Simply put no fighter is going to land their jab with any frequency against Lomachenko or are they going to control the range with it. Lomachenko's feet will be doing that.

That was a spectacular performance from Walters but Nonito came to bomb him out he didn't box, set anything up or make Walters think it will be a very different proposition against Lomachenko. With Walters wide stance i could also see Vasyl's lateral movement and angles making it difficult to get those power shots off and when he does Lomacheno is a hell of alot harder to find than Nonito is in addition to being a big strong FW which wasn't the case with his last two opponents.

Comment

Salido pressured lomachenko and had success. Loma will be on his back foot the entire fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kedashy View Post
            Salido pressured lomachenko with consistent combination punching to the balls and had success. Loma will be on his back foot the entire fight.
            Fixed. If you're expecting that Lomachenko to show up you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Comment

Walters doesn't fight like Salido, who beat Loma (disputably) by using vast experience, heavier weight advantage and dirty tricks to simply take advantage of Loma's pacing mistakes. That experience of losing and the circumstances probably taught Loma more than 10 wins would have. With every fight he is going to be improving and although Walters is a great fighter, he got the chance to look great against Donaire because Nonito tried to make it a toe to toe scrap, a bombs away type thing which played to Walters' strengths - same as Loma made his mistake in being too passive and not complaining about Salido's tactics.

If Vasyl has the right gameplan and boxes Walters, rather than brawling, he should win a UD.

Comment

I know that's not the same lomachenko but salido showed powe and aggression. Let's hope we can witness such a great fight without boxing politics. I still say Walters wins. Just my O...

Comment

Working...
                X