Jim Watt! Your view good commentator or not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So bad,his commentary on Saturday was just laughable

Comment

• There's a reason he always trends worldwide after a major fight shown in the UK, and the reason isn't positive.

He's been passed it for a while now. Too biased, which in turn influences casuals into agreeing with him.

Comment

• Biased, talks bollocks, skewers people opinions and his scoring is terrible. Honestly sometimes he makes things up as he goes along. You can see a slow motion replay of the house fighter getting pounded on, and he'll go on about how good the house fighter's defence is and elusiveness, then will focus on the one counterpunch the house fighter lands after taking five clean shots.

Comment

• It really is time for Jim to go. He's the commentary equivalent of C.J. Ross - see's things that simply don't happen.

You get to an age where it's time to call it quits.

Comment

• I don't want to jump up and down on Jims balls as he has done a lot in and for boxing, But when the positive becomes a negative this can't be good.. I don't dislike the guy, It's just that what he says isn't right while commentating! And like others have mentioned has the wrong kind of influence for people who start taking interest in the sport. When it's time it's time.. IMO bring in some fresh blood.

Comment

• If the pay was good enough I'm sure they could bring Barry jones from boxnation over. He's a former wbo featherweight champion and he's great at commentating and scoring.

Comment

• Cant stand him. He ruins fights for me. Prime example is the Brook v Porter fight last weekend.

It is as if he chooses who he wants to win before the first round has even started and then only focuses on anything that fighter does and if the other fighter lands, like Kell did last week, he barely acknowledges it, but kisses the arse of the other fighter when he isnt even landing anything clean. I much prefer listening to the Showtime and even HBO commentary. Larry Merchant is like the american Jim Watt, but not as bad

Comment

• Absolutely horrendous.

Comment

• I like Jim no problem whatsoever and he was the WBC lightweight champion back when they only had 2 belts and did 15 rounders so he has credibility it's not like he is a random kebab shop owner or a taxi driver doing commentary for a part time hobby. It's his opinion at the end of the day if you don't agree then take it with a pinch of salt and move on it's a unofficial scorecard that he tally's so who cares what he puts on it he can piss and wipe his arse with it if he wants as it's his not mine and it surely will not have any influence whatsoever on the official judges cards.
                    Last edited by chocolate; 08-24-2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chocolate View Post
                      I like Jim no problem whatsoever and he was the WBC lightweight champion back when they only had 2 belts and did 15 rounders so he has credibility it's not like he is a random kebab shop owner or a taxi driver doing commentary for a part time hobby. It's his opinion at the end of the day if you don't agree then take it with a pinch of salt and move on it's a unofficial scorecard that he tally's so who cares what he puts on it he can piss and wipe his arse with it if he wants as it's his not mine and it surely will not have any influence whatsoever on the official judges cards.
                      Fare post!

Not one person has doubted what Jim has done in boxing, Or how many round he has/hasn't done! He does have an opinion just like your good self, But I don't think he should get paid for it A commentator should talk sense and see what is going on in front of him and call the fight as it's happening. He simply doesn't IMO and he's getting worse.. The Brook Vs Porter must of been the worse I have heard/seen.. Sky might as well got some guy from a kebab shop to do the job.. Or even a Taxi Driver it's laughable..

Sitting down on fight night to have Jim commentating now days is like having a mosquito in the room through the complete show.. His credibility as a commentator is not that of a good one IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X