Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the world is becoming a less interesting place?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are a precious little snowflake in a world of mindless drones

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      No actually I didn't, I saw it from your point of view but as far as the overall idea that life is less interesting I disagreed with.

You need nuance in your arguments. You see life in black and white, it's rarely that.
      You said it's more interesting now and only pointed to technology & living standards as the reasons why. You said people are becoming less creative (due to money making) & movies are repetitive.

Living standards is obviously a good thing, but I really don't care about massive leaps in technology. What I have now is good enough.

It's pretty clear to me, and based on the replies I've received so far, that the world really is a less interesting place. If there's going to be one single language (or at least dominant) of the future, it will be English. The music of the future? Pretty much what it is now. The dominant sport will be Soccer. The dominant style of dress will be what it is now - Western. All the new architecture is glass, steel & concrete... very boring looking.

And all people will care about is money.

Off topic, but this is why a state like North Korea exists - to resist globalization. They want to remain unique and not get sucked into the hollow future 'one world' global society.
      Last edited by takingaim; 05-23-2014, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
        oh god please STFU you nauseatingly pretentious vapid (lmfaaoo at you calling somebody vapid) tw@t.

i enjoy living in this time period despite what your whack ass cool hipster dbag personality you are living out in this site thinks.
        You're so delicate.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
          If there's going to be one single language (or at least dominant) of the future, it will be English.
          Maybe globally, but certainly not in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueduck View Post
            Maybe globally, but certainly not in America.
            I take it you're referring to Spanish. Well, the point is, anyone with any influence in the world in the future WILL speak English. A load of Mexicans aren't going to have any influence in making Spanish the most spoken language amongst world leaders.

Comment

Working...
            X