No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora: Haye Is A Drama Queen, Nobody Cares About Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chisora: Haye Is A Drama Queen, Nobody Cares About Him

Heavyweight contender Dereck Chisora was forced to hold court on his own when David Haye opted to blow off an international conference call to hype up their July 14 grudge match in West Ham, London.

The fight – which airs live on EPIX as well as a live stream on EpixHD.com (Saturday 4:30pm PT/1:30pm PT) - was born from their well-documented blow-up in the post-fight press conference following Chisora’s points loss to Vitali Klitschko earlier this year in Germany. Haye and his team managed to say just enough to get under Chisora’s skin, leading to the aforementioned incident.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Chisora: Haye Is A Drama Queen, Nobody Cares About Him
    I really like Derek Chisora. Slapping Klitschko and spitting water in his face has really endeared Chisora to boxing fans.

I hope the fight lives up to the hype.

Comment

This fight reminds me of Bruce Curry vs Monroe Brooks. The two guys hate each other so much skill won't be a factor. It's bombs away and who ever gets caught, goes down hard.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
        I really like Derek Chisora. Slapping Klitschko and spitting water in his face has really endeared Chisora to boxing fans.

I hope the fight lives up to the hype.
        Is he friends with JCC or something?

Comment

Neither fighter has won a relevant bout in well over a year. Haye’s last win came with a 3rd round stoppage over Harrison.
          And it could be argued that beating Audley is barely worth noting as a "relevant" win.

Comment

Haye has way more to lose then Chisora.

If Chisora loses, he's still an entertaining fighter and has a one of those personalities that we may or may not like, but we all want to see what he does next. He can still get fights.

If Haye loses, there's no way a Vitali fight will ever emerge and Haye will be forced back into retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by JKidd2624 View Post
              And it could be argued that beating Audley is barely worth noting as a "relevant" win.
              Ha, I thought the same thing while writing it. But even at this stage of his underwhelming career, beating Harrison is still worth more than a six-round walkover against a lifetime opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                This fight reminds me of Bruce Curry vs Monroe Brooks. The two guys hate each other so much skill won't be a factor. It's bombs away and who ever gets caught, goes down hard.
                nahh man. not at this level. besides i dont think they really hate eachother, they just dont like eachother. regardless they are proffessionals, they will control whatever emotions they have on fight night and follow the gameplan.

Comment

Haye was TOE-TALLY afraid that Dan Rafael would make toe jokes during the conference call.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                    Haye has way more to lose then Chisora.

If Chisora loses, he's still an entertaining fighter and has a one of those personalities that we may or may not like, but we all want to see what he does next. He can still get fights.

If Haye loses, there's no way a Vitali fight will ever emerge and Haye will be forced back into retirement.
                    Word on the street is that the winner of this fight gets a fight w Wladimir next.

Comment

Working...
                    X